Claremont Heritage Tour From PerthWrite a Review
Travel to Claremont for a 3-hour walking tour to discover Perth's colonial past. Learn about the incredible history and view the stunning colonial architecture dating back to the 1860's. The town dates back over 100-years and the city is focused on showcasing the development of the Swan River colony and provides a unique insight into the life of the first pioneers of Western Australia.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Excellent value for money
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide at Perth City YHA, travel by air-conditioned minivan for approximately 15-minutes to the heritage town of Claremont. Here you will travel back in time as your guide takes you down the historic streets of Claremont viewing buildings and architecture dating back to the 1800's.
Explore the history of Claremont as your guide points out landmarks such as the Claremont Museum and a stunning weatherboard cottage building built before 1903.
As your day continues, delve deeper and uncover some of Perth's secrets as you discover the history surrounding the founding of the Swan River Colony in 1829; a British settlement originally called pars pro toto before being officially renamed as Western Australia in 1832.
Next, your guide will take you to the picturesque Swan River where you will visit the historic Claremont jetty built in 1898 on the Freshwater Bay. Here you will gain a further insight into the life and times of the first pioneers of Western Australia before having morning or afternoon tea (depending on your departure time) including; tea or coffee and a tasting of Australia wildflower jam and biscuits.
If you wish to further explore the town on your own, you have the option to be dropped-off at the local Claremont Shopping Centre or if you wish to make your way back to Perth, the Claremont Train Station for a short trip back to Perth CBD.
Inclusions for Claremont Heritage Tour From Perth
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
- Morning tea
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- GST (Goods and Services Tax)
Exclusions for Claremont Heritage Tour From Perth
- Entrance fees
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant meals not included
Minimum age is 12 years
A maximum of 13 people per booking
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Private Van Transfer From Perth Airport To Perth CBD Hotel
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel To Perth Airport
- Shoalwater 3-Day Ultimate Kiteboarding Course
- Perth Airport Transfer By Private Chauffeur: Airport To Perth CBD Hotel
- Perth Departure Transfer By Private Chauffeur: Perth City Center To Airport
- Shared Arrival Transfer Service - Perth Airport To Perth City Hotel
- Perth Jetpack Or Flyboard Experience
- Rottnest Island Bike And Snorkel Tour From Perth Or Fremantle
- Rottnest Island Tour From Perth Or Fremantle
- Shoalwater Advanced Kiteboarding Lesson