Classic 8-Mile Snake River Whitewater - Jackson Hole
OverviewThis is the classic whitewater rafting trip experience down the Grand Canyon of the Snake River. This is the whitewater rafting trip you've been waiting for - we guarantee it will be one you remember for a lifetime. You'll travel 8 river miles from start to finish. There are about 8 sets of rapids, ranging from class I and II to class III.
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- Family friendly
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourCHECK-IN & TRANSPORTATION:
This whitewater rafting trip requires check-in 30 minutes prior to launch time. The standard check-in location is at the Mad River office located at 1255 S HWY 89, just 2 miles south of town. Transportation from the Mad River boat house to the river and back is provided on every Mad River trip.
RAFT TRIP DETAILS:
This trip launches from West Table Boat Ramp in the Snake River Canyon and winds its way south toward Alpine, WY. You'll travel 8 river miles from start to finish. There are about 8 sets of rapids, ranging from class I and II to class III. Various river features will be encountered, such as Lunch counter and Big Kahuna rapids, Million Dollar Fishing Hole, Gauging Straights and Bailing Straights. Your whitewater rafting guide will share information on the history of the area as well as teach you about the local flora and fauna.
The Snake River Canyon is rich in geological history and your whitewater rafting guide will point out some of the features that make this canyon unique. You might see river otters, osprey and bald eagles on your trip. The lucky few might even catch a glimpse of a mountain goat, a mule deer, an elk or even a grizzly or black bear.
This trip features our standard size raft. This raft is an AIRE inflatable, self-bailing, 18'3" raft. It seats 16 people but we average 10 to 12 guests per boat. There are non-paddling and paddling positions in this raft
Inclusions for Classic 8-Mile Snake River Whitewater
- Professional River Guide
- Transportation to and from the river
- Paddling pants and jacket
- Coast Guard approved personal flotation device (PFD)
Exclusions for Classic 8-Mile Snake River Whitewater
- Gratuities (it is customary to tip your guide and bus driver)
- Gear Rentals (wet suits, booties and jackets are available for rental)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please wear shoes that can get wet that will not fall off your feet. An old pair of running shoes or water shoes would be your best option. You must wear footwear in the raft, so we do have booties available for rent if you do not have footwear. Sizes run 2 15 and can be rented upon arrival for $5.00 per pair.
Please wear synthetic clothing if possible and bring layers. Synthetics are best for the river because they dry faster than cotton. A bathing suit underneath shorts and a t-shirt is fine for a nice, warm, summer day.
Conditions can be variable; you may experience a cold day on the river. (Not to worry, it will still be a lot of fun. You just have to dress appropriately!)
We have wet suits, wet suit jackets, and fleece jackets available for rent. Wet suits are $10.00 to rent. Wet suit jackets and fleece jackets are each $5.00 to rent.
Splash gear is complimentary. On a cold day, youll want a bathing suit to wear under the wet suit.
Bring a change of dry clothes, a towel, and a sweatshirt on the bus with you. It will be waiting for you at the end of your trip.
Sunscreen, sunglasses and a hat are highly recommended.
Trip pricing includes all taxes and fees.
Gratuity not included.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.