Classic Gondola Ride - Venice
OverviewEnjoy this traditional classical Gondola ride through the canals of Venice. Relax as your gondolier steers you through centuries of history, the perfect way to appreciate Venice from the water. Become involved in the banter of the Gondoliers as they call to each other through the canals.
- Family friendly
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
Know More about this tour
Once upon a time all Venetian Nobles traveled by Gondola and many owned their own, the Gondolas were once very colorful, pinks, reds and blues to match the colorful wooden pillion's outside the palaces, however after the "Pest" which killed thousands of people all Gondolas were ordered to be painted black by the Doge to respect the dead and have remained so even today.
You cannot visit Venice without a classic gondola ride, the perfect way to appreciate the beauty, charm and color of this unique city built on water. You will be delighted by the elegance of the grand mansions with their fine facades and richly toned plaster work. Thestaff will welcome you at the meeting point and give you boarding assistance on your Gondola (up to 6 people per Gondola).
The tour begins in the Canal Grande in the Salute area and proceeds to the minor canals in the Fenice area. Your 30-minute ride ends at the starting point. Feel part of an ancient Venetian tradition and experience Venice as the locals have for more than a thousand years.
Inclusions for Classic Gondola Ride
- 30 Minute Gondola ride through the Venetian canals
Exclusions for Classic Gondola Ride
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- This ride is not Guided
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The time of the tour must be confirmed when booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wine Tasting Private Tour in Venice
- Private Tour: Venice Bacaro Food Tour
- Private Transfer from Venice Airport to Hotel in Venice City Center
- Excursion to the Islands of Murano Burano and Torcello
- Venice Discovery Land and Boat Tour
- I Musici Veneziani Concert: Baroque and Opera
- Virtuosi di Venezia: Vivaldi Four Seasons
- WiFi Everywhere in Venice