Classic Ice Cave Day Experience From Reykjavik With Live Guide And Touch-Screen Audio Guide
OverviewThis tour has an in-bus audio guide in 10 languages. Experience a full-day tour of exploring the scenic area around, on and within the giant glacier and the ice cave. See the surface of the ice cap of Langjkull glacier and what lies below. Be taken deep into the hidden beautiful ice below as well as explore the fjord and it's amazing waterfalls.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Excellent value for money
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Fully narrated tour
- All entrance fees included
Know More about this tour
After hotel pickup, depart Reykjavik on a Mercedes-Benz coach equipped with a Wi-Fi connected computer tablet at each seat, which you can use to access the on-board, GPS-enabled audio guide. Your tour is also led by a guide, who will happily answer any questions you might have about Iceland's unique geography.
Your first stop is the Langjkull glacier, the second-largest glacier in the country. As soon as you find yourself standing on top of the ice cap, get ready to go beneath the surface, traveling aboard a specially modified glacier vehicle to reach the man-made ice cave, aka ice tunnel; during this experience, learn from your guide how global climate change has impacted the surrounding area.
Deep in the glacier, you have the chance to admire thestunning blue ice, and hear about the glacier's constant motion. Until very recently, what lies below Langjkull was a mystery, but sometimesbold ideas come to life, and the creation of this man-made ice cave was onlypossiblewith help from top engineers and renowned geophysicists. Inside the glacier, where the temperature is usually around 32 Fahrenheit (0 C), you can see from the layers of ice how the glacier was formed.
After this, return to the warmth of the vehicle, and head to Hsafell for lunch (own expense). Then choose betweenseeing the famous Hraunfossar, a waterfall that flows over lava rock or relax in the thermal pool in the small village of Hsafell. Your tour ends with return to Reykjavik for hotel drop-off.
Inclusions for Classic Ice Cave Day Experience From Reykjavik With Live Guide And Touch-Screen Audio Guide
- On-board audio guide with a choice of 10 languages
- Entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- All activities
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Admission to the swimming pool in Hsafell (optionable)
Exclusions for Classic Ice Cave Day Experience From Reykjavik With Live Guide And Touch-Screen Audio Guide
- Food and drinks
- Headphones / earbuds for the on-board audio guide (please bring your own; or, they are available for purchase on site)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in most weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Glacier Hike from Reykjavk
- Day Trip to South Iceland: Glaciers, Volcanoes and Waterfalls
- Ice Climbing and Glacier Hiking Day Trip from Reykjavik
- Day Trip to the Hidden Valley of Thor Thorsmork from Reykjavik
- Highlights of Iceland Small-Group Day Trip from Reykjavik by Super Jeep
- Landmannalaugar and Hekla Volcano Guided Day Tour from Reykjavik
- Ice Cave Day Tour from Reykjavik: Descend into a Glacier
- Northern Lights Cruise from Reykjavik