Classic Inca Trail To Machupicchu 4 Days - Cusco
OverviewHiking the Classic Inca Trail is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. With breath taking views of the Andean Mountains and archeological wonders dotted along the way, it's easy to see why the Inca Trail has been voted one of the ten best hikes on this planet. Highlights Live history shows, yoga & meditation sessions Spiritual ceremonies, hot showers, buffet service Professional highly trained local tour guides Hike the original Inca Trail lost for more than 400 years Enjoy the different landscapes of the Peruvian Andes Visit the most remote cities of the Incas Arrive to Machupicchu through the Sun Gate Learn the Peruvian history, nature and interact with our porters
Know More about this tour
DAY 1: CUSCO KM 82 LLACTAPATA- AYAPATA
You will be picked up from your hotel between 4:30am and drive to KM. 82. After a delicious breakfast you will head straight to the checkpoint to begin the trek. Its a relatively easy two-hour walk to Patallacta; the first Inca site along the trail. From a unique, secluded location we will enjoy the breathtaking views an energizing yoga and meditation session. Its then another two-hour walk to Hatunchaca where lunch will be waiting. We will walk for another two hours to the first campsite located in Ayapata, Your tent, a snack and a hot drink will be waiting for you.
DAY 2: AYAPATA WARMIWAÑUSKA RUNCURACCAY CHAQUICOCHA
Wake you up bright and early with a hot cup of coffee or tea. Today will be the most challenging and after breakfast its a 4-hour trek uphill to Dead Womans Pass. At 4215m / 13829ft., this is the highest point along the Inca trail. At the summit, we will take time to appreciate the serenity of this location while your guide completes a traditional offering ceremony to the Apus (local Gods). After a 2-hour downhill trek to Pacaymayu Valley we will enjoy a well-earned lunch. The second pass is an easier 2-hours climb and we will take time to explore two Inca sites along the way; RuncuRaccay and Sayacmarca. Its then a 20-minute walk to the second campsite at Chaquicocha, this is the perfect place to stargaze!
DAY 3: CHAQUICCOCHA PHUYUPATAMARCA WIÑAYWAYNA
Todays route is extremely varied and it is only a 5-hour walk to the final campsite. We will visit two Inca sites; Phuyupatamarka (City in the Clouds) and Intipata (Terraces of the Sun). At Intipata, there will be time to rest and take in your magical surroundings during another meditation session. We will reach the campsite at approximately 1:00pm to have lunch and you can then enjoy some free time to relax and unwind. Later in the afternoon we will visit another impressive Inca site Wiñay Wayna where your guide will explain the history of this remarkable location. We will then return to the campsite for tea and dinner and a special surprise!
DAY 4: WIÑAYWAYNA MACHUPICCHU
On our final day we have to get up very early to visit Machu Picchu the Lost City of the Incas. we will walk for an hour to the Sungate, taking in the stunning views along the way. On a clear day you can watch the spectacular sun rise over Machu Picchu from the Sungate, We will then start our one-hour decent towards Macchu Picchu, Your guide will take you on a two-hour comprehensive tour of the city before leaving you in Machu Picchu to explore on your own or climb either Huayna Picchu or Machu Picchu Mountain (must be booked as far in advance as possible). Your guide will explain how to take the bus from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes for lunch and take the train and bus back to Cusco.
Inclusions for Classic Inca Trail To Machupicchu 4 Days
- Pre-departure briefing the night before at 6.30pm
- Bus ride to KM 82 to start the Trek
- Bus ride from Ollantaytambo to Cusco on the last Day
- Porters to carry food and equipment
- Chef to prepare all meals
- Professional English speaking tour guides
- Second guide for groups of 8+
- All meals included in our tours except last day lunch in Machupicchu
- 4 man tents for every 2 people
- Sleeping pad
- Entrance ticket to all places we visit
- Medical kit in all our tours
- Drinkable water
- Hot water for washing
- Hand towels
- Rain Ponchos
- All Taxes included
- Expedition train back to Cusco
Exclusions for Classic Inca Trail To Machupicchu 4 Days
- Sleeping Bag (Can be rent from us).
- Inflatable mattress (can be rent from us).
- Trekking poles (can be rent from us).
- Bus down to Aguas Calientes (12$)
- Porters To carry your personal staff
- Last day lunch
- Huayna Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Machu Picchu Picchu Mountain (need to be booked in advance).
- Tips for our staff: please note that our agency staff is well paid so please feel free to tip as you wish.
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian, vegan options is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
You Might Also Like
- Rainbow Full Day
- NATURAL SALT MINES AND MORAY TERRACES TOUR FROM OLLANTAYTAMBO TO CUSCO
- Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu in 4 Days
- Manu Reserved Zone Express 6 Days
- South Valley Tour - Half Day - Private Service
- Day Trip Adventure in the Chuquicahuana River from Cusco
- 4-Day Beer Tasting, Rafting Adventure and Machu Picchu Tour from Cusco
- Quick Trip in 3-Day: City Tour Cusco and Full-Day Trip to Machupicchu