Classical Greece: 3-days Tour From AthensWrite a Review
From USD 418.99
OverviewDiscover the major attractions of ancient Greece in just three days with this classical tour departing from Athens. This tour offers everything you need to experience the must-see sites in the Peloponeese and Delphi.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- All entrance fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourDay 1: Athens - Corinth Canal - Epidaurus - Mycenae - Olympia (D)
Depart from a terminal in Athens on your 3-day trip. Travel via the coastal National Highway to the Corinth Canal, and after a short stop here, drive to Epidaurus and visit the ancient theater, world-famous for its outstanding acoustics.
Then, head into the Argolis region, the land of Homers Golden Mycenae, and now a UNESCO World Heritage site. Dating back to the 2nd century BC, Mycenae was one of the major centers of Greek civilization and a military stronghold that dominated much of southern Greece. See the Cyclopean walls, Lion Gate, and Royal Tombs, including Agamemnon and Clytemnestra's, and view the Treasury of Atreus, a magnificent 14th-century BC structure.
In the afternoon, after an optional stop for souvenir-shopping, depart for Olympia, the birthplace of the Olympic Games, traveling through the cites of Tripolis and Megalopolis. Overnight stay in Olympia at your choice of a centrally located 3- or 4-star hotel in the town.
Overnight: 3-star Antonios Hotel or 4-star Arty Grand Hotel
Day 2: Olympia - Delphi (B, D)
Visit the Olympia archaeological site and view the Temple of Zeus, Temple of Hera, the altar of the Olympic flame, the Stadium, and the Archaeological Museum. Then, after a short stop in Patras, depart for Rion, crossing the Gulf of Corinth by the new RioAntirrio bridge to Antirion.
Pass the city of Nafpaktos and from there, follow the coastal road to Delphi, known in ancient times as the navel of the world. In the afternoon, visit the picturesque mountain village of Arachova before an overnight stay in Delphi at your choice of a centrally located 3- or 4-star hotel in the town.
Overnight: 3-star Delphi Palace or 4-star Apollonia Hotel
Day 3: Delphi - Athens (B)
Pass the Castalia Spring and visit the Delphi archaeological site. View the monument of the Argive kings, Temple of Pronaia, Athenian Treasury, Stoa of the Athenians, Polygonal wall, the monument of Platea, and the Temple of Apollo, famous for its oracle.
Visit the Delphi Archaeological Museum to see its spectacular exhibits, including the frieze of the Siphnian Treasury, the Naxian Sphinx, Statue of Antinous, the metopes of the Athenian Treasury, the famous bronze Charioteer, and many other artefacts.
In the afternoon, after an optional lunch (own expense), return to Athens.
Inclusions for Classical Greece: 3-days Tour From Athens
- 2 nights' accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Breakfast and dinner daily
- Professional guide with many 5* reviews on Trip Advisor
- Free Wi-Fi at hotels and coaches
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned bus
Exclusions for Classical Greece: 3-days Tour From Athens
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
In you are travelling alone, the single supplement option has to be chosen.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Athens Half-Day Sightseeing Tour
- Private Tour: Gourmet Food Walking Tour In Athens
- Athens Scenic Bike Tour
- Hidden Athens Walking Tour And Picnic: Plaka And The Hills Of Athens
- Acropolis Of Athens Segway Tour
- Corinth Half-Day Trip From Athens
- Sunset At The Cape Sounion Half Day Tour
- Athens Walking Tour
- Mythology Games And National Garden Tour
- Olympic Crazy Cart Driving And Mythology Games