Classical Rome City Tour
OverviewSpend your morning on this classic Rome tour, seeing all the top attractions in Romes centro storico its historic center. By both coach and foot, visit must-see sites like Piazza Navona, Trevi Fountain and the Pantheon on the 3-hour Rome morning tour. If you'd like to see more, upgrade to a full-day tour (with or without lunch) to see the sights of Imperial Rome in the afternoon. Visit Capitoline Hill and the intriguing Church of St Peter in Chains, and then finish your day with a skip-the-line Colosseum tour!
- Hotel pickup included
- Comprehensive tour of the city
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourStart your morning with either a hotel pickup or by meeting your guide near Rome Termini Station. From this point, your classic Rome tour heads to Romes centro storico, passing through Piazza della Repubblica to see the Fountain of the Nyadds (Fontana delle Naiadi).
The centro storico was made for carefree strolling, with a myriad of cobbled footpaths and picturesque piazzas, lined by buzzing pavement-side cafs. Baroque churches, fountains and palazzos built during the Renaissance are scattered around, adding to the oh-so-Roman charm that abounds.
Amble to Trevi Fountain, hearing about its coin-throwing traditions from your guide, and then stop to throw one in yourself. Do it according to legend: throw one coin to visit Rome again, two coins to fall in love with an Italian, and a third coin to marry one! After posing for photos in front of the dazzling masterpiece, stroll over to the Column of Marcus Aurelius, and then walk over to Palazzo di Montecitorio -- an elegant Bernini-designed palace that is now used as a parliament building.
Head inside Rome Pantheon and marvel at the interior of the citys best-preserved ancient monument. Officially a church, the Pantheon contains several tombs of eminent Italians, like the Renaissance genius Raphael. Pose for pictures from the outside and then walk from Piazza della Rotonda to Piazza Navona to admire its lavish Bernini fountains.
Hop back on board your coach and end your tour back at the start point. Alternatively, request a drop-off at one of four different locations; simply let your guide know on the day.
Want to see more of Rome? Upgrade to the full-day tour, and after your morning tour, spend a couple of hours at leisure for lunch (own expense), and then meet your guide at a pre-arranged time for your afternoon tour. By coach and on foot, see the sights of Imperial Rome, including Piazza de Campidoglio on Capitoline Hill, Circus Maximus, and the Church of St Peter in Chains. Finish with a skip-the-line Colosseum tour.
Full-Day Tour with Lunch:
Upgrade to the full-day tour and include lunch at a restaurant close to Vatican City or Termini Station in between your morning and afternoon tour.
Hotel pickup is available; please click on View Additional Info below to see the Rome hotels that are included in this service.
Inclusions for Classical Rome City Tour
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Lunch (if option selected)
- Hotel pick-up (only for certain hotels located in central Rome - to be reconfirmed by the supplier after booking)
Exclusions for Classical Rome City Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note: This is a Multilingual Tour
A dress code is required to enter places of worships and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. This dress code is strictly enforced and you will risk refused entry if you fail to comply with requirements
The tour ends at St. Peter's Square with an explanation of the Basilica from outside
The inside visit of St Peter's Basilica is NOT included
There can be a considerable amount of walking on Rome tours, (often on uneven, cobbled surfaces) due to coach regulations. It is possible for clients to remain on the coach, however this means that many of the sights will be missed
Tour is suitable for wheelchair users provided passenger is traveling with a companion who can assist them on and off the bus. Wheelchairs will be stored in the luggage area of the bus
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Gladiator of Ancient Rome - semi private tour
- Small Group Tour of Colosseum With Dungeons
- Colosseum restricted areas and Dungeons Small Group Tour
- Ancient Rome Semi Private Tour with Access from the Gladiator entrance
- Segway Tour Villa Borghese
- James Bond Spectre Tour through Rome
- Wifi everywhere in Rome
- Va, pensiero: the best of Verdi in a virtual tour experience