Cloud Forest Wildlife Hike - Boquete
OverviewThis amazing hike on the Pipeline Trail goes into remote virgin cloud forest surrounding the perimeter of Volcn Bar National Park. The trail parallels a gorgeous creek that meanders through the valley in the highlands. The Pipeline Trail is the best maintained, and features old growth trees, butterflies, and rare species such as the Resplendent Quetzal, sloths, and monkeys. There are more than 220 bird species native to the area, including the elusive Resplendent Quetzal.
Know More about this tourWe meet in the office at 8:15am (or 1:30pm during the dry season) to start the half day adventure. The comfortable and scenic drive through the flower-filled valley of Boquete takes only 25 minutes to arrive at the trail head. Our knowledgeable local bilingual guide explains the "rules" of the forest such as please do not touch anything if you do not know what it is and feel free to ask as many questions as you would like.
The Pipeline Trail is well-maintained making for an easier walk in the forest for all ages.The trail is an up-and-back trail at around 2.8 miles (4.5 kilometers) round trip. It features gorgeous old-growth trees, abundant flora and fauna, and a few bridges to cross over the meandering creek. The guide is a wealth of information to describe the unique features of the local area. After hopefully catching a glimpse of a rare Resplendent Quetzal or a Three-Toed Sloth, you will return to Boquete after the 4-hour tour is complete.
Inclusions for Cloud Forest Wildlife Hike
- Professional local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Park entrance fees
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Cloud Forest Wildlife Hike
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.