Cochin Royal Heritage Trail Day Tour - Kochi
OverviewThis special half-day tour will take you to Tripunithura (pronounced as Thri-pooni-thoora), the erstwhile royal capital of the Kingdom of Cochin, located in this part of Kochi that is rarely visited by travellers. We start the tour with a visit to the royal palace that is now converted to a heritage museum, followed by a walk through of the residential quarters of the royal family which is lined with handsome heritage structures and then we finally meet with present day members of the royal family over high-tea at their residence. This will be a very informal meeting, the royal family today are very much a part of mainstream society. Join us on this fascinating tour with a unique royal experience and discover Kerala through its royal patrons.
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Snacks and Beverages included
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide at the Hill Palace Museum in Tripunithura (pronounced as Thri-pooni-thoora), begin by visiting the nearly 150-year-old Hill Palace which was the seat of power from which nine rajahs ruled over the princely state of Kochi. Today, the palace has been converted into a museum with antiques and portraits belonging to the royal family. Go back in time as your guide shares stories and anecdotes about the lavish lifestyles of generations of royalty and learnwhy none of the local rulers ever wore the gold crown, studded with precious stones, that was given to them by King Emmanuel of Portugal.
From the Hill Palace, continue to the nearby residential quarters of the royal family. Explore the more than 100-year-old residence as your guide shares stories of royal life including the controversy and treachery surrounding the sale of treasures to build a railway line. Then you will have the chance to meet members of the current royal familyin their residence which is a modest, traditional Kerala home.
After high-tea with your royal hosts, admire the Sree Poornathrayeesa Temple in Tripunithura where the tour ends.
Inclusions for Cochin Royal Heritage Trail Day Tour
- Local guide
- Entrance fees
- Bottled water
- Light refreshments
Exclusions for Cochin Royal Heritage Trail Day Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A maximum of 12 people per booking
A small amount of walking is involved, including some stairs
Please wear comfortable walking shoes
Not wheelchair accessible
Passport details required at time of booking
Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may be refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
Photography is not allowed inside the Hill Palace Museum. Your camera can be secured in a locker and the key will be given to you.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.