Climb into waders (supplied), and hear from the Oyster Farmer himself who will first take you on a historical adventure explaining Matthew Flinders voyage. Wade out into the water to our floating pontoon where you will learn about how oysters are farmed, and taste the freshest oysters you'll ever taste, straight out of the water. You'll have a chance to taste Pacific Oysters and the Native Coffin Bay Angasi Oyster. You'll also have a hands-on shucking lesson where you will learn to shuck your very own oyster. You'll have the chance to ask lots of questions, and by the time you leave you'll be an oyster officionardo!
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 1 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
Usually tours depart 11:00am or 12:00pm daily. , , If you are travelling from Port Lincoln to attend this tour, please allow 45 minutes drive time, to ensure you arrive on time for the tour. , , Tou.. read more
Departure Details :
Tours depart from the Beachcomber Cafe, 113 Esplanade, Coffin Bay (right next door to the Caravan Park). Please check in at the Beachcomber 15 minutes prior to scheduled tour departure to allow time.. read more
OverviewWade out into the water, sit at our semi submerged tour deck 'The Salt Water Pavilion' which is located right in a working commercial Oyser farm. Hear from the Oyster Farmer himself (Ben) about how oysters grow and Oyster farming practices. Taste the freshest and most famous Coffin Bay Oysters youve ever tasted, straight out of the water!A very unique culinary adventure, and a once-in-a-lifetime experience!Choose from the options list to add a glass of Riesling & extra oysters; a bottle of Champagne & extra oysters; or Champagne + extra oysters + seafood share platter.
- Protective clothing (waterproof waders) supplied.
- You may wish to bring your own water bottle in hot weather.
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Wear comfortable clothing as youll be putting waterproof waders on over the top of what you wear. Bring a waterproof camera if you have one, and a pair of socks to help you get into/ out of the waterproof waders. As we will be out in the water, please dress to the weather conditions on the day. Ie if its hot please bring a hat, for cooler weather it would be beneficial to bring a jacket. In winter you may choose to wear a scarf and beanie.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.