Cola De Caballo Waterfall And Villa De Santiago Day Trip From Monterrey
OverviewExperience the delights of Villa de Santiago, a historical town just south of Monterrey thats known for its colonial architecture and neighboring waterfall, Cola de Caballo. Start your day trip with a knowledgeable guide at the waterfall, a favorite local destination for escaping the city. You can simply walk around, or take things up a notch with horseback riding or bungee jumping (own expense). Then tour Santiagos attractive sights, from La Boca dam to Iglesia Santiago Apostol, a stunning Baroque church. Round-trip transport from Monterrey is included.
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourAfter pickup in Monterrey, head with your guide by comfortable van to Cola de Caballo, about 1 hour south of the city on the edge of Cumbres de Monterrey National Park, just outside Villa de Santiago.
Meaning Horse Tail in English, the 82-foot (25-meter) Cola de Caballo waterfall is one of the most popular natural attractions in the Monterrey area. Find out why as you admire the falls from all angles by climbing up the steps that provide different viewpoints, some of which are so close to the falls that youll feel the spray of the water. To get to the waterfall, you can either walk with your guide along the 1-mile (1.6-km) path from the entrance, or travel by horseback or horse-pulled cart (own expense).
You have an hour to spend at the waterfall, where you can enjoy being surrounded by lush vegetation and browse the handicraft stalls for souvenirs. If youre feeling adventurous, you can even go bungee jumping! A snack bar is available if you get hungry. (Bungee jumping and snacks at your own expense.)
Next, head into Villa de Santiago, a designated Pueblo Mgico, or Magic Town, a program developed by Mexicos tourism board to recognize towns that offer an authentic Mexican cultural experience or hold an important place in Mexicos history. Santiago is also home to La Boca Dam, the nickname for Presa Rodrigo Gomez, a manmade lake that locals love for kayaking, boating and other water sports. Head here for lunch at Playa Dorada, a floating restaurant on the lake that offers views of the surrounding mountains (own expense; restaurant subject to change). Or you may choose to eat lunch at one of the other waterfront restaurants instead, and then meet back up with your guide for your Santiago city tour.
Your tour takes in Santiagos main churches, squares, fountains and other colonial sights. See Plaza Ocampo, Santiago Apostol Church, Palacio Municipal and other historical attractions that line the charming streets. After your city tour, head back to Monterrey, where your day trip ends.
Inclusions for Cola De Caballo Waterfall And Villa De Santiago Day Trip From Monterrey
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Local guide
- Entrance fee to Cola de Caballo
Exclusions for Cola De Caballo Waterfall And Villa De Santiago Day Trip From Monterrey
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Optional activities at Cola de Caballo, such as horseback riding and horse-cart rides: approx. 20 to 30 Mexican pesos (US$3 each)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
It is recommended that you wear comfortable clothes and shoes and bring sunblock
Please bring cash to pay for meals and any additional expenses
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.