Colors Of George Town Walking Tour
OverviewGeorge Town, Penangs UNESCO-listed capital, is one of the most interesting and colorful cities in Malaysia. Explore this multicultural enclave on foot while viewing its well-preserved heritage buildings. You'll learn the history of George Town and Penang from your guide. If you'd like, opt to take a leisurely ride aboard a trishaw also called a beca or jinrikisha (own expense).
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tour
After pickup from your Penang Island hotel, walk with your guide on a 4-hour tour of George Town.Exploring on foot will give you better insight into this UNESCO World Heritage site.
Headtoward the State Assembly building and onto the so-called 'Street of Harmony' into one of the most interesting areas of Penang. View the different roofs of Chinese society; stop by religious buildings such as St Georges Church, Goddess of Mercy (Kuan Yin) Temple, Sri Mariamman Temple, and Kapitan Keling Mosque; and visit the Pinang Peranakan Mansion (entrance fee included). Along the walk, stop at one of the Hindu flower stalls and learn the art of flower garland making.
Continue with photo stops at acollection of street art and wall paintings. Then hop on an enchanting beca for atrishaw ride (own expense). You're ferried through narrow lanes offering a closer view of George Townat a relaxing pace, stopping virtually anywhere to allow you to take pictures of interesting sights.
Your half-day morning tour concludes with hotel drop-off at midday.
Inclusions for Colors Of George Town Walking Tour
- Entrance fee to Pinang Peranakan Mansion
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (shared transfer)
Exclusions for Colors Of George Town Walking Tour
- Trishaw ride
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Wear comfortable walking shoes, hat/cap and sunglasses during hot, sunny day
Bring your own drinking water
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.