Admire the Colosseum under a different light, thanks to this 1.5-hour original night walking tour. Skip all lines at the entrance and explore areas generally closed during the daytime tours. Visit the underground levels for a more fascinating experience.
- Excellent value for money
- Exclusive after-hours access
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Skip the line
- Small group ensures personal service
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tourVisit the Colosseum, also known as the Flavian Amphitheatre, at night for a special and unforgettable tour. Take the most complete walking tour of the Colosseum, which includes the arena floor and the underground level.
Meet your tour guide at the meeting point not far from the entrance. Enjoy the sunset colors of Rome and get ready for your night tour. Reach the entrance of the Colosseum with the others on your small group and go through the privileged entry point with no line.
Your friendly and professional tour guide will lead you through hidden paths in the arena and the underground levels that allows you to descend into the hypogeum.
Built to host Roman citizens during spectacles, gladiator battles, and performances, the amphitheater was one of the largest in the world for centuries. The Colosseum's huge crowd capacity made it essential that the venue could be filled or evacuated quickly. Its architects adopted solutions very similar to those used in modern stadiums to deal with the same problem. Spectators were seated in a tiered arrangement that reflected the rigidly stratified nature of Roman society.
Little now remains of the original arena floor, which in ancient times consisted of a wooden floor covered by sand. The sand was necessary to absorb the blood spilled by wounded animals and gladiators during the shows.
The hypogeum was connected by underground tunnels to a number of points outside the Colosseum. Animals and performers were brought from nearby stables through the tunnels, with the gladiators' barracks at the Ludus Magnus to the east also being connected by tunnels.
You will be amazed by learning about all this organization while strolling into same tunnels and levels that gladiators, senators, and common people once used.
Inclusions for Colosseum By Night Walking Tour: Undergrounds And Arena
- Entrance fees
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Local guide
- Tour escort/host
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
- Small-group tour
Exclusions for Colosseum By Night Walking Tour: Undergrounds And Arena
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Hotel pickup
- Hotel drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
The meeting point is the Arch of Constantine near the Colosseum
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is smart casual
Not recommended for participants with back problems
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
If you have a pacemaker you will need to show a certificate, otherwise you will not be admitted without being screened
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.