OverviewExperience the immensity of ancient Romes most iconic symbol on this Express Colosseum tour with privileged direct access to the Arena Floor through the recently opened Gladiators Entrance, without the lines, crowding and long security checks that characterize the other entrances!
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tour
Feel the glory and majesty of Rome at the height of its power as you walk on the very same stones as those who came to fight here in gladiatorial combat, treading in their footsteps out onto a partial reconstruction of the arena floor, looking up at the tiered ruins that were once filled with some 50,000-80,000 bloodthirsty spectators.
You are sure to hear their echoes as your eyes are drawn upward, your body turns and your mind is boggled by the elegance and engineering prowess of what was once the largest structure of its kind in the world, all from this unique 360° view, as a local expert guide reminds you of its dramatic purpose in a narrative that goes beyond anything Hollywood could dream up.
Home to the gladiatorial games, exotic staged hunts, theatrical executions and even mock sea-battles, this 1.5-hour Colosseum tour explores the Arena Floor with its awe-inspiring perspective, up-close views of the underground area where the spectacle was brought to life, and the panorama from where the Emperor’s box once stood, all special access areas that standard ticket holders don’t get to see.
In addition, you will follow your guide up to the second level to see what the crowds saw, tracing the Colosseum’s circumference in an effort to understand what it must have been like when the stands were packed, the crowds were roaring and a gladiator’s destiny hung on their whims.
No other itinerary allows you to see the Colosseum from the two most impressive above and below viewpoints in such a compact time frame. After the tour you will also have the option of staying inside the Colosseum to continue your exploration, or follow your guide for Skip the Line access to the Roman Forum at no additional cost. Here you will be taken to the best vantage point for a short introduction into its history and most famous monuments before visiting them on your own, enriched by your guide’s expert knowledge. You will also be able to hike to the top of the Palatine Hill for an exceptional bird’s-eye perspective over the Forum and Circus Maximus.
The Colosseum has fascinated visitors throughout history, evoking images of fierce gladiators, roaring crowds, as well as wild lions and tigers springing from their cages. For the first time you can now access this awe-inspiring edifice's Arena Floor directly for a truly indelible imprint of the wonder that was ancient Rome.
Inclusions for Colosseum Express Tour With Gladiators Entrance And Arena Floor
- Expert, English-speaking tour guide
- Privileged Colosseum Arena Access
- 1.5hr guided tour of the Colosseum
- Optional Skip the Line for the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Headsets when appropriate, so you can always hear your guide
Exclusions for Colosseum Express Tour With Gladiators Entrance And Arena Floor
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Food/Beverage (when not mentioned in the Inclusions)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
This service ends outside the Colosseum.
Due to heightened security measures, you may experience delays in clearing security checks when entering the venue.
Large bags/backpacks/suitcases are not permitted in Versailles. Only very small bags are allowed. The Colosseum does not have any cloakroom facilities in which to store such items.
It is the responsibility of all visitors to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure. Guests arriving after departure cannot be accommodated & missed tours or tickets cannot be refunded.
This tour involves a fair amount of walking, hills, and stairs; comfortable shoes are recommended.
This activity is not accessible for individuals with wheelchairs or any impairments requiring special assistance.
This activity is also unable to accommodate strollers or baby carriages on our group tours.
Italy’s tourist sites are among the most popular in the world. Skip the Line Access and careful planning limit our crowd exposure, but please be aware that some locations may be unavoidably busy during standard hours.
On this tour, some of the venues or parts of the venue may be subject to last-minute, unpredictable closures. When this occurs, customers are offered an extended tour in keeping with the advertised total length of the tour.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.