Colosseum Underground And Ancient Rome Small-Group Tour
OverviewRelive the glory of Ancient Rome on this 3-hour, small-group tour, led by an expert guide. Skip the long lines and enjoy an access-all-areas tour of Rome’s mighty Colosseum, including parts usually restricted to visitors. Explore the subterranean underground chambers, where the wild animals were held, stand in the area where the bloody gladiator battles once took place, and enjoy unparalleled views from the top tier. Then, wander around Palatine Hill before discovering the historic gems in the Roman Forum. Numbers limited to six people, ensuring a small-group experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your professional guide at the Colosseum Metro Station in central Rome, and then head to the colossal creation itself. Once known as the Flavian Ampitheatre, the Colosseum embodies the true eminence of Ancient Rome. Built to host the gladiator battles that are synonymous with this period in history, it seated over 50,000 spectators and is undoubtedly the Roman Empires greatest architectural feat.
With your priority entrance ticket, skip the long lines and head directly inside. Then, follow your guide into the belly of the Colosseum to explore the fascinating underground level, which is only open to a limited amount of people each day. Stroll through the labyrinthine network of subterranean passages and chambers, and listen as your guide shares gory tales of the gladiators who prepared for battle here, and the fearsome animals that were held under the arena in cells.
Then, head up a level to the arena. Instead of walking around the edge as most visitors do, walk with your guide right into the space where the battles were fought. Tread carefully across the patches of original flooring, and peer down the gaps at the level below.
After exploring the Colosseum, enjoy a short break, then enjoy a leisurely walk up Palatine Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome. As you stroll amid the aromatic pine trees, listen to your guide talk about the origins of Rome, and see where the rich Romans once lived.
Then, descend into the valley of the Roman Forum. With your guide leading the way, weave through the cluster of ruins that once formed the heart of ancient Rome, and learn about the areas highlights, such as the Arch of Titus and the Senate.
Your tour then concludes in the Roman Forum where you will have the possibility to wander around more if you wish.
Inclusions for Colosseum Underground And Ancient Rome Small-Group Tour
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- Visit to the Underground of the Colosseum
- Entrance fee to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Exclusions for Colosseum Underground And Ancient Rome Small-Group Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
Proof-of-age for teenagers under 18 years is required
Please note: large bags, backpacks and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
Due to extreme weather conditions, the Colosseum Administration may limit access to some or all of the restricted areas (Colosseum, Arena Level and Third Tier), to ensure security of its visitors. No refund will be granted on these rare occasions
UNDERGROUND AND ARENA: The access to the restricted areas of the Colosseum (Underground and Arena) may be shared among other participants in the LivItaly exclusive entry slot. At times, for safety reasons, logistics and traffic control, the group may be led by one guide. This choice is at the complete discretion of the Colosseum's administration and security policy of that day in accordance to adequate safety measures. Please be aware that this is only for 30/40 minutes of the total duration of the tour. Our max 6 people policy is guaranteed for the remainder of the duration of the tour.
GENERAL ENTRY:Please note that for safety reasons the Colosseum can accommodate up to 3000 people at once. This could lead to delays in access to the site, even for pre-booked visitors. Please be on time!
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Skip the Line: Family-Friendly Colosseum and Ancient Rome Tour
- Night in Rome on a Vespa
- Rome Highlights Half-Day Tour
- Private Departure Transfer: Hotel to Rome Ciampino Airport
- Ancient Rome Half-Day Tour: Colosseum and Roman Forum
- The Original Fettuccine Alfredo: Cooking Class and Lunch at Alfredo alla Scrofa Restaurant