Relive the glory of Ancient Rome on this 3-hour, small-group tour, led by an expert guide. Skip the long lines and enjoy an access-all-areas tour of Rome’s mighty Colosseum, including parts usually restricted to visitors. Explore the subterranean underground chambers, where the wild animals were held, stand in the area where the bloody gladiator battles once took place, and enjoy unparalleled views from the top tier. Then, wander around Palatine Hill before discovering the historic gems in the Roman Forum. Numbers limited to six people, ensuring a small-group experience.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Likely to Sell Out
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Small group ensures personal service
Know More about this tourMeet your professional guide at the Colosseum Metro Station in central Rome, and then head to the colossal creation itself. Once known as the Flavian Ampitheatre, the Colosseum embodies the true eminence of Ancient Rome. Built to host the gladiator battles that are synonymous with this period in history, it seated over 50,000 spectators and is undoubtedly the Roman Empire’s greatest architectural feat.
With your priority entrance ticket, skip the long lines and head directly inside. Then, follow your guide into the belly of the Colosseum to explore the fascinating underground level, which is only open to a limited amount of people each day. Stroll through the labyrinthine network of subterranean passages and chambers, and listen as your guide shares gory tales of the gladiators who prepared for battle here, and the fearsome animals that were held under the arena in cells.
Then, head up a level to the arena. Instead of walking around the edge as most visitors do, walk with your guide right into the space where the battles were fought. Tread carefully across the patches of original flooring, and peer down the gaps at the level below.
After exploring the Colosseum, enjoy a short break, then enjoy a leisurely walk up Palatine Hill, one of the Seven Hills of Rome. As you stroll amid the aromatic pine trees, listen to your guide talk about the origins of Rome, and see where the rich Romans once lived.
Then, descend into the valley of the Roman Forum. With your guide leading the way, weave through the cluster of ruins that once formed the heart of ancient Rome, and learn about the area’s highlights, such as the Arch of Titus and the Senate.
Your tour then concludes in the Roman Forum where you will have the possibility to wander around more if you wish.
Inclusions for Colosseum Underground And Ancient Rome Small-Group Tour
- Professional guide
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Colosseum
- Visit to the Underground of the Colosseum
- Entrance fee to the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
Exclusions for Colosseum Underground And Ancient Rome Small-Group Tour
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
A maximum of 6 people per booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
Not wheelchair accessible
Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
Children and youth must be accompanied by an adult
Proof-of-age for teenagers under 18 years is required
Please note: large bags, backpacks and suitcases are not permitted in the Colosseum and Roman Forum. Only very small bags are allowed. Please do not bring these items with you on the day of your tour as there are no cloakrooms at the Colosseum
Due to extreme weather conditions, the Colosseum Administration may limit access to some or all of the restricted areas (Colosseum, Arena Level and Third Tier), to ensure security of its visitors. No refund will be granted on these rare occasions
Between August 28th and September 10th the arena floor of the Colosseum will not be accessible due to a special event. The tour will include the other restricted areas and no refunds will be made due to the closure of the arena floor.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.