Enter the Colosseum with skip-the-lines access and descend into the intriguing underground level of the Colosseum with our expert guides as they reveal the ingenious technologies and feats of engineering that made the spectacular games a reality. Join us on an exclusive tour of the most important sites of ancient Rome, and let yourself be transported back in time as we bring to life the bloody entertainments of the Colosseum, the dramatic political intrigues of the Roman Forum and the splendours of the emperors palaces on the Palatine hill. Our tour will allow you to tread on the very floor of the arena where the brutal gladiator battles took place, and learn what these violent rituals meant to the ancient Romans. In the Forum you will discover the dark fate that often awaited the Vestal Virgins, encounter the ancient gods in the temple of Saturn and relive dramatic events such as the funeral pyre of Caesar and the beheading of Cicero. Witness the fall of the republic and the rise of an empire in the very spaces where it came to pass over 2,000 years ago, and explore the opulent villas high on the Palatine hill built by extravagant emperors such as Augustus and Nero as symbols of their absolute power. As the spectacular panorama of Rome spreads out before your eyes in every direction, marvel at the living history that still animates these beautiful spaces.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 5 Hrs 30 Mins
Departure Time :
08:30Am, 09:15AM, 09:45AM or 10:30AM depending on the available time slots/entrance tickets
Departure Details :
your guide will meet you at the entrance to the Palatine Hill on Via di San Gregorio 30.
OverviewJoin us on this exclusive Rome tour in the Fascinating underground tunnels of the Colosseum and the Arena. Marvel at ancient stage machinery capable of amazing special effects, mechanical elevators centuries ahead of their time, trapdoors and an incredibly complex system of underground tunnels below the arena that made the Colosseum's spectacles possible. With your guide, you will discover who the Gladiators were and how they fought, how the crowds cheered them on and why the games were so popular during the Roman Empire. Walk on the Arena (which in Latin means sand and originally that is what covered the stage) above the Colosseum Underground to experience the drama of the Gladiators. Learn about the plot against Julius Caesar and the temple dedicated to his deification in front of the piazza where Mark Anthony gave his speech against the murderers. Let us guide you to the Palatine Hill to enjoy some breath-taking views of the Eternal City.
- Professional guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Walking tour
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (optional)
- Unfortunately, due to new ticket procedure's at the Colosseum, the Third tier will NOT be included in this tour anymore
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Dress code is smart casual
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Steps and uneven surfaces will be there during the tour
Wear comfortable shoes and bring water
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- GOURMET WINE AND FOOD PAIRING CLASSES
- VIP After Hours Vatican Tour
- Sorrento Positano Amalfi Private Tour
- Colosseum Special Areas: Self-Guided Underground & Guided Panoramic Top Tiers
- ON THE BORGIA'S FOOTSTEPS: 2 days private tour
- What the Romans Eat - Rome Monti District Food Tour
- Odescalchi Castle in Bracciano: Entrance Ticket