Columbus Monument Ticket With Upgrade Wine Tasting In Barcelona
OverviewTake the lift to the viewing gallery at the top, 179 ft. above the ground, where you can enjoy breathtaking panoramic views of the city and the port. At the wine-tasting space, the Espai de Vins Mirador de Colom, youll be able to taste 1 glass from the four Designation of Origin regions: Alella, Catalunya, PenedÃ¨s and Pla de Bages. (adults only)
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Family friendly
- See the sights illuminated at night
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
Know More about this tour
The Columbus Monument, which opened in 1888 during the Universal Exhibition, stands at the end of La Rambla. Take the lift to the viewing gallery at the top, 179 ft. above the ground, where you can enjoybreathtaking panoramic views of the city and the port.Christopher Columbus disembarked in Barcelona harbor when he returned from his voyage to America?.
To commemorate the event, we suggest you visit the Monument dedicated to this unique historical moment. You'll be able to admire the sculptural ensemble around the base of the magnificent Corinthian-style iron column.
When you get to the top, you'll be ableto enjoy stunning 360 views. For instance, to the north, you'll see the Gothic Quarter with the bell towers of the cathedral, Santa Maria del Mar and La Merc or the bustling Rambla. To the south, you'll see Mount Montjuc, with the castle at the top. Montjuc is also the site of museums, gardens, theaters and the Olympic Ring. If you look down, you'll see the Royal Shipyards, the Drassanes, which are home to the Museu Martim.
If you look east and follow the coastline, you'll be able to see the modern Forum area with its characteristic photo voltaic roof and skyscrapers. Closer to you, the twin towers mark the entrance to the Olympic Marina. At your feet you'll see the old harbor, the Port Vell, and the industrial port. Finally, to the west, you'll see the Parc Natural de Collserola, the vast green "lung" that surrounds the city, with the Collserola Tower and Tibidabo Amusement Park at the top.
Four of the best varieties of cava and wine with Designation of Origin status: from the coastal area of Alella to the inland region of Pla de Bages, the innovative D.O. Catalunya and world-renowned Peneds accompanied by a sweet or salty tapa while you listen to a brief explanation of your choice of wine.
You'll also findinformation about activities and discover everything there is to do in Catalonia regarding wine tourism experiences. And youll be able to buy the wines youve tasted.
Inclusions for Columbus Monument Ticket With Upgrade Wine Tasting In Barcelona
- Wine tasting (if selected)
- Admission ticket
Exclusions for Columbus Monument Ticket With Upgrade Wine Tasting In Barcelona
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.