What to Expect -
No restroom facilities at the launch site (visitor center is the closest)
Just under two hours on the water for a leisurely paddle
Expect to get a little wet depends on you (or possibly your friends)
To see lots of wildlife and stretch those muscles a little
To learn some basics about paddling and more about local wildlife
To wear your life vest & whistle :)
Great guides who enjoy their work and keep you safe
Lots of outdoor fun and a desire to come back real soon
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Hrs
Departure Details :
Various Location on the Merritt Island National Wildife Refuge as well as in Cocoa/Merritt Island area. , LOCATION - will be sent via text/call or by reaching A Day Away Kayak Tours (location cha.. read more
OverviewIn the cooler Florida months, bioluminescent Comb Jellies congregate in the protected waters of the Indian River Lagoon. Living in the most bio-diverse estuary in North America, Comb Jellies are clear, glob-like creatures that, despite their name, do not sting! So as you paddle the calm waters laced with mangroves and palm trees, you can catch and hold these gentle glowing creatures. They're right at your fingertips while having a safe, awe-inspiring kayak adventure with those who share your enthusiasm for new and unique experiences.In addition to the stars, the myriad of protected wildlife around you, and the Comb Jellys bioluminescence, their ribs are lined with cilia that they use to propel themselves, so when you cast a flashlight on them just right, theyll also refract a dynamic rainbow-y light show! Theyre right at your fingertips while having a safe, awe-inspiring kayak adventure with those who share your enthusiasm for unique experiences.
- 2 hour kayak tour
- Professional guide
- Gratuities (optional)
Know More about this tour
What to Expect -
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
LOCATION - will be sent via text/call or by reaching A Day Away Kayak Tours (location changes based on quality of Bioluminescence)
(321)268-2655 - Business Hours Number
(321)284-1555 - After Hours Number
What to bring:
Clothes you dont mind getting a little wet. Towel (left in car)
Water Shoes sandals or Crocs that can be worn in the water
Bring an extra change of clothes just in case
Camera & Dry bag (optional) These are fairly useless to capture bioluminescence, but great for capturing people.
Bottled water, Snacks
Any special personal paddling gear if you like
You may bring a flashlight, though we will provide a safety light.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.