Combo 3 In 1 - Small Group Tour: Colosseum, Vatican, Palatine By Luxury Van - Rome
OverviewThis is a full day small-groupguided tour maximum of 13 participants with fast entrance inside the attractions with fantastic attraction tour by Luxury Van. Take a step back in time to the age of gladiators, great rulers, emperors and popes, art and Roman history. The first 3-hour skip the line tour brings together all the multi facets of Ancient Rome. The second 3-hours(after the lunch break)of the tour includes the beautiful Vatican Museums, the fascinating Sistine Chapel and St. Peters Basilica. This experience also allows you to learn about obelisks and ancient divine statues, medieval buildings, renaissance and baroque monuments and fountains, legends and traditions still alive.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Skip the line
Know More about this tourMorning: The Colosseum and the Gems of Rome (by Luxury vehicle)
After meeting your guide at the designated meeting point, you'll step into the shoes of the famous gladiators, Commodus and Spartacus, and prominent leaders, Julius Caesar and Augustus, in this first 3-hour skip-the-line tour. Place yourself in the center of a large arena with over 60,000 chanting spectators ready to watch you in all your glory.
Welcome to the Colosseum. This iconic symbol of Imperial Rome was used for gladiatorial contests and public spectacles such as mock sea battles, animal hunts, executions, re-enactments of famous battles, and dramas based on classical mythology. Next, you will walk along the Imperial Fora, a series of public squares constructed between 46 B.C. and 113 A.D, leading to Venice Square which still celebrates the Unification of Italy with its imposing national monument, the Vittoriano.
With your local guide, you will stop in Torre di Largo Argentinato meditate on the place where Julius Caesar was assassinated. From here move to Piazza della Rotonda where you will find one of the most beautiful and best preserved buildings from ancient times, the Pantheon. Its story begins nearly 2,000 years ago when Agrippa, faithful friend of Augustus, had a temple which was dedicated to all gods in the heaven. In those days it looked very different. It was Hadrian who rebuilt the Pantheon as you see it now. Finish-up the tour in Navona Square, one of the most elegant squares in the world, the symbol of the Roman baroque. All attractions like: Navona, Spagna, Trevi, Pantheon, and more are includeds in this tour!
Afternoon: The Vatican Museums with Sistine Chapel and St. Peters Basilica
Part two starts with a visit to a museum that is an adventure and a game, a special tour with curiosities, legends and games. You will discover many things while having fun, such as when you enter the Vatican Museums, youre entering the Vatican City State. Its the smallest but probably the most famous city state in the world.
The private collection of the pope is packed with artworks - ancient statues from Egypt, Greece and Rome, sarcophagus, busts, frescoes and tapestries, as well as paintings from numerous periods throughout history. Thanks to his collection, historians could write much of the history of humanity.
You mustn't miss the Sistine Chapel with its frescoes by Michelangelo. Follow your tour guide into St Peters basilica. This church is rich in works of art and monuments. Here are some of them that you cant miss: the Canopy by Bernini, the bronze statue of St. Peter, the Piet by Michelangelo. Leave the church and see the center bearing the obelisk brought from Egypt. At the end turn around St Peter Square to enjoy the magnificent colonnade by Bernini, it seems almost to wrap you in an embrace.
Inclusions for Combo 3 In 1 - Small Group Tour: Colosseum, Vatican, Palatine By Luxury Van
- Tickets and Skip the Linereservation (if you have selected the tickets included version)
- Professional English speaking guide
- Luxury Vehicle for open air attraction tour (with stops and shooting time every attraction)
Exclusions for Combo 3 In 1 - Small Group Tour: Colosseum, Vatican, Palatine By Luxury Van
- Earphones system (3 euros cash to the service supplier AM and 3 euros to the Vatican PM)
- Gratuities (optional)
- attractions tickets (if you have select the NO tickets option)
- Food and drinks
- Pick-up and Drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 13 people per booking
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Visitors must pass through metal detectors at the security check point. Please expect to wait 20-minutes or more to clear security.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Rome Pizza Walking Tour
- Skip The Line- Vatican Museums with St Peter's, Sistine Chapel and Small-Group Upgrade
- Day Excursion from Rome: Assisi and Orvieto with a Theologist Private Tour
- Shopping Tour Castel Romano Designer Outlet
- Pompeii and Naples - Private All Day Tour from Rome
- Skip the Line Private Tour: Vatican Museums and St Peter's Art History Walking Tour