Firefly Tour - Proceed to Kuala Selangor town in the quiet hamlet of Kampung Kuantan, which is known as one of the largest firefly colonies in the world. On arrival at Kuala Selangor, visit 'Kota Melawati' formerly known as 'Fort Altingsburg', the execution block, royal mausoleum and colonial buildings. A bird sanctuary park at the foot of Bukit Melawati (Melawati Hill is an ideal place for bird-watchers to witness local migratory birds. Also found are silvered-leaf monkeys, butterflies and etc. To make this experience a memorable and unforgettable one, enjoy local Set Seafood Dinner and boat ride.
Fireflies-are also called Lightning Bugs and they belong to the nocturnal luminous beetle family Lampyridae. Within quiet and serene surroundings, these fireflies live very happily in the Berembang trees and shine like fire in the night to attract a mate. Come on down and enjoy the Malaysian Version of Xmas!
Silver-Leafed Monkeys and long-tailed macaques are the main draw to the Melawati Hill. The significant difference between the silver-leafed babies as compared to the adults is that these babies have golden fur while the adults have dull grey colours. These monkeys are a delight; they are gentle and playful. The long-tailed macaques, on the other hand, are generally a little more mischievous and if you turn your back for a second - you'd never know what they might do. A gentle reminder to exercise precautions with these lovely and wild animals, which can be quite erratic at times despite having so much human interaction.
This package includes:
- Full Day to Kuala Selangor, Melawati Hill (Silver Leaf Monkeys), Firefly Tour
- Set Seafood Dinner
- Boat ride
- Air Conditioned Vehicle
- English Speaking Driver
- Complimentary pick up/drop off service from major KL Hotels
- Tour & Transfer as per itinerary
This package excludes:
- Tips to Driver/Guide
- Personal Insurance/Expenses/Miscellaneous/Shopping
- Soft/Alcoholic Drinks
- Activities are subject to weather condition, and may be re-organised to best meet operational situations
- "Caution" is emphasized if you are interested in feeding the Silver Leaf Monkeys, as they may turn wild and erratic at times
- Please bring along mosquito-repellant