OverviewVisit all the major landmarks in the medieval town of Rhodes & the Mandraki Harbor area effortlessly, by Segway! This unique small-group tour offers a complete overview of the medieval & more modern part of Rhodes, in a fun & relaxed way in just 3 hours!
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Great overview and orientation of the city
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Family friendly
- All necessary equipment included
Know More about this tourMeet your local guide at your chosen time and start with an orientation session to get familiar with your two-wheeled, electric, self-balancing Segway. Once you feel comfortable, you’ll follow your guide through the narrow alleys of the medieval town, one of the few places that survived unscathed through the middle ages and declared a World Heritage Site by Unesco in 1988.
First, the tour passes by the Ibrahim pasha mosque, the oldest mosque in Rhodes that still functions to this day and then crosses Juderia, the Jewish quarters to end up at the catholic church of Lady of the Burgo, the biggest latin basilica of the island and an architectural gem that fuses different styles and influences. Next stop is at the hospice of St. Catherine and the tour goes on passing by St. John's Gate (Red gate) and St. Athanassios Gate to reach the mosque of Suleiman. Then the tour visits the Gate Amboise, the most impressive gate of the medieval fortifications & landmark of the medieval town.
The next stop of the tour takes place at the Grand Master's Palace or Kastello, the heart of the town's defenses, residence of the Grand Master and administrative centre. Gliding down the picturesque Knight’s Street we end up at the last stop in the medieval town, the Great hospital that today houses the archaeological museum.
Following your guide, the tour leaves the medieval town behind, passing through the 15th century Porta Marina (Sea gate), Pierre d’ Aubusson’s symbolic work of art, to reach Mandraki. The tour stops at the Dockyard gate and then heads north, passing by the three picturesque windmills. The tour visits the Tower of St. Nicholas that stands guard to this day at the end of the pier, providing a unique view of Rhodes’ coastline & a perfect photo opportunity.
Afterwards, the tour glides towards the western side of the Mandraki harbor passing by the New Market and the repurposed Italian administrative buildings of the Interwar period. Next stops are the iconic couple of deer standing on two pillars, at the entrance of the harbor, a symbol of modern Rhodes and then the orthodox church of the Annunciation of Virgin Mary.
After exploring the highlights of Rhodes town and taking advantage of great photo opportunities, you will glide back to Ippokratous square, the heart of the Castellania district, where your tour will come to an end. Throughout the tour, the guide takes care to make regular stops, when necessary or available, so that the guests have the opportunity to take photos, rest etc. Our tours are flexible, so that a group can make more frequent stops, or take a couple of extra minutes at a certain site and then make up for the delay. The tour guide, the segway safety orientation and the helmet are all included in the price. The tour does not enter any archaeological sites or monuments, so entrance fees are not included. Transfer, food and drinks are also not included in the price.
Inclusions for Combo Segway Tour In Rhodes
- Tour escort/host
- Segway Safety orientation
- Use of helmet
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Exclusions for Combo Segway Tour In Rhodes
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Not recommended for pregnant women
Adult pricing applies to all travelers
Minimum age is 10 years
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.