Communism Tour Of Bucharest
OverviewIn this 3-hour walking tour about communism, you'll discover the major landmarks and events of the communist period of history in Bucharest: the violent beginnings of the communist regime, the nationalization and forced demolition of thousands of houses, the Palace of the Parliament, the Ceausescu family and the anti-communist revolution of 1989.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- Free snacks included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourThis tour reveals the conflict between two worlds Bucharest under the Communist regime and the relatively, peaceful and prosperous Bucharest of the inter war period. You will learn why Bucharest is such a striking mix of very different architectural styles, how each regime has left its mark on the city, how the city looked during the communist period and what it was like for people living in communist Romania.
Your guide will help to bring to life the anti-communist revolution and the fall of the Iron Curtain. You will enter lesser known charming inter war neighbourhoods, saved from the communist urban remodelling, as well as the remains of the Uranus Neighbourhood. Youll learn about the most spectacular pieces of architecture and events of the communist history of Bucharest as well as the violent beginnings of the communist regime, the nationalization and forced demolition of homes, the Palace of Parliament, the Ceausescu family and the bloody anti-communist revolution of 1989.
The tour includes a short break at a cafe on the way, where guests can purchase drinks or snacks (own expense).
Inclusions for Communism Tour Of Bucharest
- Walking tour
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Communism Tour Of Bucharest
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.