Discover Communist-era Hungary on this 3-hour tour, and gain an insight into life before the collapse of the old regime. Travel out of the city with a guide in a coupe car and enjoy a tour of Memento Park, an outdoor museum dedicated to Communist-era Hungary. Watch the film shown to members of the nationâÂÂs Secret Police, and learn of the regulations and rules by which they lived. Drive through an old soviet-era housing estate on your way back to Budapest and see how people lived.
- Fully narrated tour
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourOn your tour, gain an understanding of the history of Hungarian Communism and learn what happened during the revolution in 1956.
Drive out of Budapest toward Memento Park, an open-air museum dedicated to this period in the nation’s history, passing a number of important monuments along the way. On arrival, take a tour with a knowledgeable guide and learn what life was like behind the iron curtain between 1949 and 1989, Hungary’s Communist era. Pass huge monuments dedicated to the old social order and gain an insight into the power struggles and propaganda that prevailed under Communist rule.
At the conclusion of your guided tour of Memento Park, watch the training film which was shown to members of the Secret Police in Communist-era Hungary. The film, entitled The Life of an Agent, gives an understanding of the training programmes, regulations and routines of young police officers under socialist rule.
After three hours discovering the history and monuments of Communist-era Hungary your tour will come to an end.
Inclusions for Communism Tour Of Budapest By Coupe Car
- Hotel pickup
Exclusions for Communism Tour Of Budapest By Coupe Car
- Food and drinks
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.