Communist Bike Tour Of Nowa Huta - Krakow
OverviewA glimpse into a city built on the principles of communism. Our communist bike tour will give you an authentic experience oflifein the worker's paradise. Along the way you will to seea military airbase, the Church of Our Lady, the steel mill, and Ronald Reagan central square; all essential landmarks that wake upthe worker's paradise. The labyrinth of streets that compose Nowa Huta are best discovered safely on a bicycle. Enjoy riding back in time to a place where industry meets socialism.
- Cycle the city streets to absorb the local atmosphere
- Small group ensures personal service
- All necessary equipment included
- Fully narrated tour
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourOn July 22, 1954, the Vladimir Lenin Steelworks opened its doors and employed over 20 000 workers. They all needed a place to live. Nowa Huta, 'the new mill', was formed as a district for the worker's to live adjacent to their job at the mill. Today Nowa Huta is a prime example of communist architecture and urban design, frozen in time.
Like Lenin we too will discover Nowa Huta on two wheels.
From our shop we ride east along new bike paths away from Krakows historic district. Along the way we will pass through an old air base that has now been turned into an aviation museum.From the outside we will get a glimpse at planes dating back to the first World War. We leave the park along the original air strip before we reconnect with the main bike path towards Nowa Huta. Our first historic stop in Nowa Huta will be the famous church of our Lady, also known as the Ark, due to its vessel-like shape. Religious conflicts were always a problem in our socialist paradise and the church has been a symbol of the peoples opposition. After visiting the modern interior of the church we continue back on our bikes to the cultural heart of Nowa Huta. We will labyrinth our bikes through the many alleys of Nowa Hutas residential areas where we see some typical socialist architecture in the form of cinemas, theatres, and schools.What communist tour would not be complete without a Soviet tank.At this point we stray off of the beaten path to ride along Nowa Hutas recreational lake before we get to the essence of Nowa Hutas existance; Lenins steel mill plant. We breakfor lunch in a communist style milk bar, one of the few that were here during the communist era.Frozen in time you will feel as though the secret police is sitting at the next table.
With our bellies full we set off through the recently renamed Ronald Reagan square, before we head out through the many parks that divide Nowa Huta from Krakows city center. We finish our tour with a nice ride along the banks of the Visula river all the way to our shop.
This tour is intended for those who have at least an intermediate fitness level as 25KM is the planned route. Our guides reserve the right to stray off the planned route in order to suite our guests fitness, interests, and schedule.
Included in the tour price is a new 24 speed trekking bike rental, helmet, and personal guide.
Inclusions for Communist Bike Tour Of Nowa Huta
- Bike tour
- Small-group tour
- Local guide
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Communist Bike Tour Of Nowa Huta
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Minimum age is 13 years
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Wifi Everywhere in Krakow
- Krakow Airport Private VIP Round-trip Transfer by Mercedes Limousine
- Auschwitz and Birkenau Round-Trip Transfer Premium from Krakow
- Salt-Mine Wieliczka Round-Trip Private Transfer Premium from Krakow
- Polish Countryside and Tyniec Abbey Bike Tour from Krakow
- Krakow Chamber Orchestra Concert at St Adalbert's Church
- Krakow Balice Airport Round Trip Private Transfer
- Ojcw National Park From Krakow