Communist Bucharest Tour
OverviewOne could not speak of Bucharest history without mentioning the short but very important communist era that marked this city. From the very moment you step into the city and wherever you go on its many streets, the numerous communist blocks watch you from everywhere, while the imposing civic center stands out with its Huge House of the People, in the middle of the city.Highlights include Parliament Palace,Revolution Square, Ceausescu's Private Villa (opened this year for visitors!), Press Square, University Square.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Hotel pickup included
- Led by a local guide
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tour
Discover the Romanian capital and the biggest city in the country, with a history of over 600 years of both glorious, but also less happytimes.
Although the communist era did not press over the city for a very long time ( about 40 years), it definitely left deep marks in the history of this place and in the souls and minds of the people living there.
This trip follows the most remarkable tourist attractions and cultural heritage in the center of the city. You will learn about Bucharests communist architecture and history, about the influence communism had over them, about notorious Ceausescu and his wife, and everything they did to the city during their ruling.
Tour starts in the morning by your hotel and includes the following itinerary:
- Free Press House and Free Press Square
- Ceausescu Private Villa in Primaverii district
- Revolution Square
- The Memorial of Rebirth
- Statue of Iuliu Maniu and Cornelui Coposu
- The Former Communist Party Central Committee
- University Square, Intercontinental Hotel and National Theatre
- Dambovita River and Manuc's Inn
- Unirii Square and Unirii Shopping Building
- Boulevard of Socialist Victory
- Unirii Fountains
- Constitution square
- Palace of Parliament
Enstrance by Parliamnet Palace and Ceausesc Private Villaare optional, but it is strongly recommend you visit both since they are both symbols of the communist era in Bucharest.
The tour ends with drop-off by your hotel.
Inclusions for Communist Bucharest Tour
- Transport with air conditioning bus-minivan
- Licensed English speaking guide
- Guided tours by all sights
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Exclusions for Communist Bucharest Tour
- Entrance fees
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Full-Day Historical Bucharest Private Walking Tour
- 2-Day Halloween Transylvania Experience from Bucharest including a Costume Party at Dracula's Castle
- 3-Day Tour in Transylvania with Hunyadi or Corvin Castle and Targu Jiu from Bucharest
- Full-Day Tour to Veliko Tarnovo from Bucharest
- Private One Day Tour of Medieval Romania from Bucharest
- Small-Group Day Trip to North Bulgaria