OverviewDiscover hidden remnants of the Soviet communist regime on this 2-hour historical tour of Moscow, capital of the Soviet Empire for more than 70 years. With an informative local guide, youll learn all about the history of the Soviet Union, from the 1917 Great Socialist Revolution to Perestroika, and see important landmarks of the Soviet era, such as the former KGB headquarters and Revolution Square.
Numbers are limited to 20 on this small-group walking tour, ensuring youll enjoy personalized attention from your guide.
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
- Small-group tour
Know More about this tourMeet your guide at the Solovetsky Stone, a memorial situated in the center of Lubyanka Square, where you begin your small-group tour of Soviet-era Moscow.
Hear about the history behind the monument, a simple boulder erected in 1990 as a memorial to the victims of political repression. The actual stone was taken from Solovki, one of the Gulag’s many forced labor camps used for political repression during the Stalinist era.
Your guide will also point out the former headquarters of the KGB, located in an impressive building on Lubyanka Square. Completed in 1898 by Aleksandr Ivanov, the monument currently holds the Federal Security Service of the Russian Federation (FSB), the main successor to the KGB.
From here, walk to Revolution Square, the epicenter of the 1917 Great Socialist Revolution, and learn about many other aspects of historical importance such as Stalin’s terror, secret KGB prisons, the Cold War and the Soviet Movement for Freedom, as well as current Soviet strongholds in the young democratic nation.
Be on the lookout for significant landmarks in the city center such as the Bolshoi Theater, the Museum of Revolution and the Gulag Museum, which documents the labor camps where 14 million prisoners were sent between 1929-1953. Stroll down Moscow’s main avenue, Tverskaya Street; pass Sluzhebny Vhod, a Soviet style-café; and see Eliseevsky Gastronum, the most important grocery store of the USSR. Your tour ends at the Pushkinskaya Square.
Inclusions for Communist Moscow: Evening Walking Tour
- English-speaking local guide
Exclusions for Communist Moscow: Evening Walking Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- City Sightseeing Moscow
- Moscow Metro Tour
- Moscow Kremlin Tour
- Mystical Moscow Tour
- Red Square And The Moscow Kremlin
- Modern Moscow Arts And Cultural Small Group Tour
- 3 Hour Kremlin Tour With Local Private Guide
- Day Trip To Troitse-Sergieva Lavra From Moscow
- Moscow At Night: Small-Group Walking Tour With Annushka Tram
- Soviet History Tour In Moscow