We leave from San Pedro Sula early in the morning, around 5am to arrive to Copan Ruinas around 9am. We arrive to Copan and do the tour around the site, we visit the Museum, go down to the Tunnels and then we eat something quick to head back to San Pedro Sula to arrive around 7pm.
Copan Ruins Archaeological Site is located in Honduras' western tip. The site features several stelaes (king statues), altars, a ball game, several plazas and temples; even the tomb of a king...Copan was loyal to Tikal and was the most important Mayan city in the surrounding hundreds of kilometers. In the same park we visit the tunnels, these are a window into the past. The Mayans built their temples likes russian dolls, one on top of the other, the tunnels are a unique opportunity for us to look into the older temples, in the case of Copan we can see the original Rosalila temple. In the site we also visit the sculpture museum, which features a replica of Rosalila Temple and several of the original facades and stelaes found onsite. This is a complete tour of Copan Ruins of aprox 4-6 hours, prepare for a very humid and sunny weather. We will have a quick late lunch and then headback...estimated time of arrival to San Pedro Sula is 7pm.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 14 Hrs
Departure Time :
Usually its 5am. We will confirm the pickup time with you. Times are subject to change due to local traffic conditions.
Departure Details :
Return Details :
OverviewDeparting from and Returning to San Pedro Sula. Discover Copan with the company of an anthropologist local guide. Visit the most important Mayan Archaeological Site in Honduras. We include a visit to the Main Site, the Tunnels under the pyramids and a visit to the Sculpture Museum. All this with the company of a local private, knowledgeable guide. All entrances included.
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Local guide
- National Park fees
- Food and drinks
Know More about this tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.