Complete Île De La Cité Tour: Notre Dame And Sainte Chapelle And La Conciergerie - Paris
OverviewÃle de la Cite is a small island in the Seine river with an huge influence on the history of France. Its where Paris was first settled, where some of the citys greatest dramas were acted out, and where the most beautiful buildings were constructed. Find out how this tiny island became the center of one of Europes most vibrant cultures with the most complete tour of the Ãle de la Cite on the market; including skip the line tours of Sainte Chapelle, La Conciergerie and Notre Dame Cathedral, with special access to climb the towers!
Know More about this tour
Your in-depth exploration of the histories, myths, legends, and lore hidden behind the stones of Paris most interesting neighborhood begins at Notre Dame Cathedral, where youll meet your expert guide and an intimate group of 15 people or less.
From the Gothic splendor of the bell towers of Notre Dame that inspired Victor Hugo to create his hunchback bell-ringer, to the darkest cells in the Conciergerie where condemned dissidents awaited death during the Reign of Terror, the Ile de la Cit has witnessed the best and worst of Parisian history, and youll hear all the stories that make it such an interesting place.
Inside Notre Dame, marvel at the famous Rose Window, admire the stunning arches of the Gothic architecture, and learn how Victor Hugo and his Hunchback of Notre Dame actually saved this beautiful building from demolition. Then travel back in time, exploring the streets of Ile de la Cit as your guide tells you what life was like here from the Middle Ages to the French Revolution (hint: it wasnt nearly as clean as it is today).
Stop in the Conciergerie, a lovely building with a dark past that was used to host the tribunals of the Revolution and to imprison political prisoners awaiting their date with the guillotine. The building was recently renovated, including the cell where Marie Antoinette spent the last days before her execution under heavy guard and in very difficult conditions. Youll also see a second cell where she was briefly kept, now converted into a tiny chapel.
After these dark delights, enjoy something much more life-affirming. If you thought Notre Dames Rose Window was beautiful, Sainte-Chapelle is going to blow you away. This royal chapel was originally built to house relics, and today its still one of the most jaw-dropping rooms in Paris. Its also one of the citys most popular attractions. Luckily, you have skip-the-line tickets, so youll walk right past entrance line that can be hours long.
After a lunch break (with plenty of restaurant recommendations from your guide; own expense), reconvene for skip-the-line access to the towers of Notre Dame. With a timed entrance, your guide gets you past long line and straight inside, accompanying you to the first-level foyer and then leaving you to do the climb and visit at your own pace. Like at Sainte-Chapelle, the towers of Notre Dame are popular for good reason youll get up close to the famous gargoyles and inside the bell tower to see where the hunchback lived.
Your tour provides access to the highest point of the cathedral, too, with a 360-degree vantage point for some of the best views of the city. After all, when you climb the Eiffel Tower, you cant see the Eiffel Tower! From Notre Dame, however, you have the whole city at your feet.
Inclusions for Complete Île De La Cité Tour: Notre Dame And Sainte Chapelle And La Conciergerie
- Skip the line tickets to Sainte Chapelle
- Skip the line tickets to La Conciergerie
- Visit of Notre Dame Cathedral
- Skip the line tickets to climb the towers of Notre Dame
- Walking tour of le de la Cit
- Expert English speaking local tour guide
- Small groups of max 15 people
Exclusions for Complete Île De La Cité Tour: Notre Dame And Sainte Chapelle And La Conciergerie
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
From 01 March 2018, we are slightly changing the itinerary of this tour. Please see below further information: We start our tour at 8:15 AM with a visit of Notre Dame Cathedral. After a short bathroom break we will walk over to Sainte Chapelle, where we have early skip the line access. Customer will visit the chapel when it is nearly empty. Our next stop then will be a guided visit of La Conciergerie. The tour will finish here and our guide will give directions back to Notre Dame where customers can now redeem their flexible entrance tickets (Our Coordinator will provide further information about this before the tour begins.) As a result, our tour duration from 01 March 2018 will be 3 hours.
Unfortunately, Notre Dame Towers and the upper floor at Sainte Chapelle are not wheelchair accessible.
Please be advised that there are 422 steps to the top of the south tower of Notre Dame. Unfortunately, there is no elevator access. Those with heart problems, claustrophobia, or other medical conditions should take this into consideration before booking this tour.
Tour Only in English
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Mobile Wifi Everywhere in Paris
- Private 2-Day Tour: Customize Your Perfect Stay in Paris
- Private One-Way Transfer: City of Paris
- ANZAC Day Trip from Paris: Dawn Service at Villers-Bretonneux and WWI Somme Battlefields Tour
- Compagnie des Bateaux-Mouches 3-Hour River Cruise the Seine River Including Dinner and Live Music
- Private Tour: Vintage 2CV Round-Trip Transfer to the Lido de Paris