OverviewImmerse yourself in the history, architecture and lore of St. Peters Basilica with this all-access tour. Not only will you enjoy a full guided tour of the Basilica and Papal Crypt (not usually included Basilica and Vatican tours) with an expert guide, youll avoid long lines to climb up into the titanic dome early in the morning, and gape at the amazing views of Rome.
- Step back in time on a history tour
- Enjoy fantastic aerial views
- Small group ensures personal service
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tour
St. Peter’s Basilica is the most important church in Christendom and this is the most complete tour of the Basilica available. From the heights of the immense dome to the depths of the Papal Crypt and all the fantastic art in between, you’ll explore every corner of this amazing church and come away in even more awe of it’s grandeur than when you started.
Your tour starts early, before the crowds arrive. After exploring St Peter’s Square and seeing the Swiss Guard, you’ll head for St. Peter’s Basilica dome. You and your intimate group of 15 people or fewer will take the special elevator to the first terrace of the Dome to admire the beautiful mosaics up close as your guide points out details you might otherwise miss.
To reach the top of the dome you have to climb 231 steps (there’s no elevator) but the view alone is worth the effort. In fact, it’s the single best view of Rome, stretching from St Peter’s Square across the Tiber and beyond.
When you come down from the dome your expert guide will lead you on a full tour of the Basilica, from Bernini’s colossal baldachin to Michelangelo’s heart-wrenching Pietá. You’ll also discover the small details, stories, history and lore that are packed into every nook and cranny of this nearly 400-year-old building, including why everyone is so intent on rubbing the foot of a certain statue.
Finally your tour will include a rare visit to the Papal Crypt where your guide will point out the most significant tombs. It’s forbidden to speak inside the Crypt (it’s a sacred site) but before you enter, your guide will tell you the stories of the men buried in them.
Inclusions for Complete St Peters Basilica Tour With Dome Climb And Crypt
- Pre-reserved tickets to climb St Peter’s Basilica Dome with elevator access
- Small groups of max 15 people
- Expert local guide
Exclusions for Complete St Peters Basilica Tour With Dome Climb And Crypt
- Hotel Pick-Up/Drop-Off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please note that skip the line access is not possible at the dome or at St. Peters Basilica's security line (although it is possible for guests entering via the Vatican Museums, who use a different door), so you may need to spend some time in unavoidable queues. Your guide will use the time well though, entertaining you with stories and pointing out the incredible details of St. Peter's Square.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.