This is a private bike tour that can be done for groups between 2 and 6 people. All rides are guided and led by a licensed NYC Sightseeing Guide who can provide you with any information you are interested in about the places you will be riding through. The ride starts at Grand Army Plaza, the northern entry point to beautiful Prospect Park where you will be fitted to a rental bike with a helmet, lock, water bottle, and snack-bag. Start time is flexible, but recommended meeting time is at 10am. Your group can choose an inland route (9 miles) or a waterfront route (14 miles), both of which end at Coney Island in time for an early lunch at Nathans Famous Hot Dogs. End the ride at Coney Island and enjoy the rest of the day there, or ride 11 miles more along the shoreline to Rockaway Beach where you could opt for a later lunch at Tacoway Beach.
Depending on your final destination, youll have the opportunity to explore the following:
- Coney Island: with its fun and unique boardwalk featuring rides, games, freak shows, and other attractions (attractions are not included in package).
- Dead Horse Bay: a unique and isolated beach environment where you can scavenge for 90-year-old bottles
- Rockaway Beach: with its challenging surf and beautiful white sand
- Rental bike with helmet and lock
- Bottled water and snacks
- Lunch at either Coney Island or Rockaway Beach
- Transportation of bike back to the rental shop you end the ride anywhere you like
For this ride you can choose to ride back to the starting point at Grand Army Plaza, or end the ride at any point you like and take the subway back home or to your hotel. If you choose to end the ride at any point other than Grand Army Plaza, the bikes will be locked at your ending location, be retrieved by vehicle, and returned to the starting point afterwards.