Congro Lagoon TourWrite a Review
From USD 47.92
OverviewThe Lagoon of Congro is a pond located in the central area of ââthe largest island of the Azores, the island of São Miguel, this pond occupies an explosion crater like "maar", a result of a phreatic eruption, located in one of the most active fault lines of the island of São Miguel. The particularity of this explosion crater formed about 3,900 years is that of coming from explosions freatomagmaticas that was rising magma contact with existing groundwater levels in the underlying formation. Due to its genesis Lagoon of Congro has characteristics that distinguish it from most of the ponds on the island of S. Miguel.
- Choice of morning or afternoon departure
- Exclusive to Viator
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Includes free admission to top local attractions
Know More about this tour9am Pick up from Hotel, port cruiser or City Center.
9:30am Caloura fishing port, located in the village of Agua de Pau (Lagoa), and for us a compulsory stop, by virtue of being in direct contact with local fishermen and the sea of Azores, while enjoying all the beauty around us. Surrounding, situated in the area of the freshman, in this stop we will be able to enjoy part of the oceanic coast of Sao Miguel.
10amÂ Viewpoint for the Vila Franca Islet, a small island which is in Vila Franca do Campo, whose islet and uninhabited, but in the Summer and used by the islanders as well, by visitor, due to its unique characteristics, for those who enjoy the beach.
10:30am Lagoon of Congro with a small walking Tour, its main characteristic is that of being embedded in the surrounding region, relatively flat in the form of a large hole opened in the surroundings, contrary to occupy a well-defined top volcanic cone.
11:30amÂ Gorreana Tea Factory: Located in Gorreana, when approaching the manufactures we can see the plantation of there existing tea, in the factory, we can make a guided tour of the factory, get to know all the elaboration process and tea at the end of the visit we taste the black or green tea.
12pm Sao Bras Lagoon.
12:30pmÂ Santa Iria Viewpoint, located in north coast of the island of Sao Miguel, on this site, we can see much of the north coast and the three mountain ranges that composes the island of Sao Miguel (7 Cidades, Barrosa, Vara).
1pm Drop off in City Ceter, Hotel's or Port Cruiser.
Inclusions for Congro Lagoon Tour
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Congro Lagoon Tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A maximum of 8 people per booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.