Connemara And Galway Day Tour From Dublin
OverviewConnemara could only be described as truly the wilderness of Ireland. Ravaged by a vicious potato famine from 1847-1851, the landscape has been left barren, inhospitable and untouched ever since, with its true and natural beauty still intact. Connemara has it all: incredible lakes, romantic castles, old stone walls, and isolated and deserted valleys. It is easy to see why The Quiet Man with John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara, and the Guard with Brendan Gleeson, have been filmed here. On this tour you will be introduced to this amazing part of Ireland, as well as the colourful and vibrant Galway city, where you will enjoy a full walking tour of the city, which is the centre of art and culture in Ireland.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Family friendly
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourDublin: Depart from Dublin and head West for a great day tour to Connemara. On your way across the midlands of Ireland you'll make a comfort stop for refreshments and a chance to stretch your legs. On arrival in Connemara, you'll visit the picturesque village of Cong, this is a national Tidy-Town winner and the location for the Oscar winning Hollywood movie - The Quiet Man.
Cong: Famed by John Wayne and Maureen O'Hara in the film Quiet Man, the village is home to Ashford castle, a regular haunt of the rich and famous and a wedding venue for a host of international stars i.e Pierce Brosnan. From beautiful abbeys to medieval castles, rivers, stunning lakes, and babbling brooks, Cong is a true picture postcard of Ireland. You'll take a break here with a visit to Cong Abbey, the ruins of an Augustinian monastery. Take time to enjoy lunch in this beautiful village.
Lough Corrib: Well know for its fishing, Lough Corrib is the second largest lake in Ireland after Lough Neagh. Surrounded by its abundance of wildlife such as otters, hawks, minks, birds the lake consists of 356 different islands. The most famous island among them is Inchagoil island with its spectacular views of Maumturk range, Joyce country, and the mountains of Connemara.
Connemara Wilderness: You'll continue driving through the wilderness of Connemara which provides a great opportunity to enjoy the unique landscape, beautiful lakes, valleys, and mountainous scenery. Ravaged by famine, and predominantly Gaelic the people here still strive to maintain the remanence of rural culture and the traditional Irish way of life.
The Deserted Valley: You'll head back to Galway via the Maam Valley, an area of scenic and unsurpassed beauty with the lakes of Connemara which unfold in among the twelve Bens mountains. You'll then travel back along the coast and Galway Bay through Spiddal, and enjoy magnificent views of the Atlantic Coastline to Galway and Aran Islands.
Galway: You'll arrive in Galway, known as the city of tribes and once home to Christopher Columbus. The city is Ireland's traditional capital and home to some of the finest traditional musicians. Your 2-hour stop allows you to explore the city at your leisure. Explore highlights like the Spanish Arch, St. Nicholas Cathedral, the colourful Shop Street or maybe even sample some world famous Galway Bay oysters. You'll return to Dublin late in the evening after enjoying a great day out.
Inclusions for Connemara And Galway Day Tour From Dublin
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Live commentary on board
Exclusions for Connemara And Galway Day Tour From Dublin
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
Please note: You must reconfirm your pick up location directly with the supplier. Refer to voucher for further information
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Giants Causeway Day Tour from Dublin
- Glendalough and Wicklow Mountains Day Trip from Dublin
- Wild Wicklow Tour including Glendalough from Dublin
- Early Access: Book of Kells Including Exterior Tour of Dublin Castle
- Northern Ireland Day Trip from Dublin: Belfast Black Taxi Tour and Giant's Causeway
- Titanic Visitor Experience and Giants Causeway Day Trip from Dublin