From USD 35.95
OverviewDiscover the dramatic beauty of Connemara with its rugged wilderness, welcoming locals and historic treasures, on this full-day trip from Galway city. Traveling with an expert guide, your tour visits Ross Errilly Friary, pretty Cong village and must-see Kylemore Abbey. Spend time at leisure in these Irish gems and enjoy stunning scenery in between each visit.
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Get inside tips from a local
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourLeave Galway Coach Station and head north by luxury coach through the countryside of County Galway, in the west of Ireland. First stop is near the town of Headford visit Ross Errilly Friary one of the best preserved Franciscan friaries in Ireland. Known locally as Ross Abbey, the medieval ruin is considered as a National Monument of Ireland, with atmospheric cloisters and medieval tombs just itching to be explored.
After strolling around the ruin with your guide, hop back on your coach for the short trip to Cong village, where The Quiet Man featuring John Wayne, was filmed. With roughly 45 minutes at leisure here, you can perhaps retrace the steps of actors through the village, or maybe amble over to Cong Woods to see 11th-century Ashford Castle. Alternatively just relax with a coffee (own expense) on the banks of Lough Corrib Irelands largest lake.
Continue to County Connemara, traveling around Loch Na Fooey an unspoiled glacier lake and soak up sights of the regions incredibly scenic countryside. Hear tales of life in Connemara from your guide and learn about the time-honored Irish traditions and customs that are still preserved in Gaelic-speaking Connemara today.
Next stop is Kylemore Abbey a majestic Benedictine abbey on the banks of Lake Kylemore. Steeped in history, the abbey is said to have been built as a romantic gift in the late 1800s, and later served as a refuge for Benedictine nuns who fled Belgium during World War I. Entry to Kylemore Abbey is at your own expense, and once inside youll have two hours to spend at leisure. Enjoy lunch (own expense), stroll around the abbey or perhaps take a look at its Victorian walled gardens.
On the journey back to Galway, pass though the spectacular scenery of Connemaras Inagh Valley, weaving alongside the Maam Turks Mountains and back around Lough Carrib. Arrive back to Galway in the early evening.
Inclusions for Connemara Day Trip From Galway: Kylemore Abbey And Ross Errilly Friary
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Connemara Day Trip From Galway: Kylemore Abbey And Ross Errilly Friary
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Connemara Day Tour
- Cliffs Of Moher Express From Galway
- Connemara And The Coast Of Galway Bay With Connemara National Park And Kylemore Abbey
- Aran Islands And The Cliffs Of Moher Tour Including Cliffs Of Moher Cruise
- Deep Sea Angling In Connemara - 1-Day Guided Fishing Tour From Clifden
- Explore Connemara National Park - 1-Day Self Guided Tour From Galway
- Cycling The Wild Atlantic Way - 1-Day Self Guided Tour From Clifden
- Fauna And Flora Connemara National Park - 1-Day Self Guided Tour
- Guided Beach Horse Riding Excursion: Wild Atlantic Way Connemara