OverviewA full day, guided tour of Connemara, an area famed for it’s unspoiled natural beauty and rugged landscapes. Spend time exploring the iconic Kylemore Abbey and Walled Gardens. Along the way, listen to your expert driver/guide share the origin of the Irish language and how it is still the native language of Connemara, despite its diminishing status in the rest of Ireland.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Excellent value for money
- Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience
- Get inside tips from a local
- Hotel pickup included
- Save on admission to selected attractions
- Led by a local guide
- Editor's Pick
- Instant Confirmation
- Likely to Sell Out
Know More about this tourYour full day guided tour departs from Galway, you will then make your way to Connemara. A region which is famed for it’s natural beauty and landscapes. Listen to your expert driver/guide share there knowledge and the history of Connemara on your drive through the countryside.
Climb off the coach to explore a few of the iconic Irish landmarks independently. Discover rivers and lakes that flow off The Twelve Pins Mountain Range which naturally shape this region. There has been Hollywood directors who have chosen Connemara as filming backdrops to movies such as The Field (Written by John B. Keane, starring Richard Harris and John Hurt) and most recently, Marley & Me (Starring Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston).
On your day trip you will be visiting Leenane Village, this is a small mountain-side town which is full of Irish charm. This village was used for the setting for the film ‘The Field’ starring Richard Harris and John Hurt. Your next stop will be in Killary Fjord, this is Ireland’s only fjord which serves as the natural border between the counties of Galway and Mayo.
Your tour will then move onto Kylemore Abbey, which is situated on a lake in the midst of the mountains. This abbey was originally built in the 19th century by Mitchell Henry as a gift to his wife, Margaret. You can explore the Abbey- which is now owned and run by Benedictine nuns, the miniature Gothic Church and the award-winning Victorian Walled Gardens (own expense).
The next stop will be An Spidéal, A charming Gaeltacht, Irish Speaking, village. This village is home to many houses with traditionally thatched roofs, with scenic coastlines and beautiful beaches.
Your tour will conclude with a drop off back in Galway.
Inclusions for Connemara Day Trip Including Leenane Village And Kylemore Abbey From Galway
- Hotel pickup (Galway City accommodation pickup must be arranged in advance)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Connemara Day Trip Including Leenane Village And Kylemore Abbey From Galway
- Gratuities (recommended)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance to Kylemore Abbey and the Victorian Walled Gardens
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.