Know More about this tourYour will start the morning with a pick-up from your accommodation and a drive to the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate which is located in Fener. There you will visit the main building – the church of St. George - was originally part of the Orthodox nunnery. One of the most valuable and ancient relics in the church is part of the pole to which Christ was bound before being flogged and crucified by Roman soldiers. In the main cathedral are relics of three female saints; Saint Euphemia the Great Martyr and St. Theophano who was the wife of Emperor Leo the Wise. The third set of relics belongs to Saint Mary Salome.
After exploring the Greek Orthodox Patriarchate, next spot is the Church of St. Mary of the Mongols, the only Byzantine church that has never ceased conducting divine services and that did not become a mosque.
With your guide you will continue your day by visiting Church of St. Mary of Blachernae which is one of the most revered Orthodox Christian churches. In the Vlaherna Church is found the Holy Virgin’s robe, Her omophorion (head cover) and part of Her belt that was brought from Palestine in 457.
Then by coach you will travel to Kariye Museum (The Church of the Holy Saviour in Chora) which is famous for its rare examples of mosaic work whose thematic variety and rich detail are unmatched among Byzantine churches. The last emperor prayed in this church as the city was besieged by the Turks.The Chora Church was initially in the center of the monastery of St. Michael, which was probably built in the VI century. Finishing the tour, drive back to your accommodation after this enjoyable morning.
Inclusions for Constantinople Half-Day Tour Of Orthodox Religious Sites
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
Exclusions for Constantinople Half-Day Tour Of Orthodox Religious Sites
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
No operations on Sundays
Chora church is closed on Wednesdays
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.