Constantinople History Tour Of Sacred Sites - Istanbul
OverviewA nice afternoon program to the Prayers of Constantinople visiting The Monastery of the Mother of God the life-giving spring, Hagia Irene, Metochion of the St. Panteleimon Monastery on the holy Mt. Athos and The Monastery of Stoudios.
- Get inside tips from a local
- Step back in time on a history tour
- All entrance fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
Know More about this tourYour tour will begin with a ride from the accommodation, first stop will be the Church of St. Irene (Divine Peace) which was the main church of Constantinople before the construction of Hagia Sophia. The Church was dedicated to Divine Peace following Constantines victory after eighteen years of war as he fought for power and peace in the empire.
Continue with the the Metochions of St. Panteleimon, which was built at the end of the XIX century in Istanbul to represent monastery of the same names on Mount Athos. Currently the church of St. Panteleimon conducts regular services and Sunday services attract Orthodox worshippers from across Turkey. One of the main sacred objects in the church is the icon of the Virgin Mary (Vladimirskaya) related to a miracle that occurred in 1891 to Mitrofaniya. Another is an icon of the St. Panteleimon that was written in 1898 at the St. Panteleimon Monastery on Mount Athos specifically for this church. The Athos Metochion has always kept alive the traditions of the Holy Mountain by offering help and consolation to all those in need.
Then you drive with your guide to the Monastery of Stoudios which is known for a particular type of asceticism where the monks performed thanks continuously throughout the entire day in its church. It had a significant impact in the empire and its opinions were considered by patriarchs and emperors with a statute that was subsequently adopted by Athos and other orthodox monasteries around the world being written here.
The final point visited on your tour is the Church of Constantinople which was built in memory of a spring and the miraculous events of healing from serious ailments that occurred there. To this day many people suffering from illnesses go to the spring hoping for the mercy of the Virgin Mary who with her love will attend to their prayers. After all you will drive back to your accommodation by coach.
Inclusions for Constantinople History Tour Of Sacred Sites
- Entrance fees
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Constantinople History Tour Of Sacred Sites
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
Important notice: no operation on Sundays
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.