Indulge your love of Italian food in Tuscany, and enjoy a full-day tour that combines a market visit with a cooking class and 4-course meal with wine! After scouting out quality local ingredients at a historical Florence food market, travel to a rustic farmhouse in Tuscany, surrounded by exquisite countryside. Then, prepare your feast of pasta, pizza and Tuscan roast pork, plus beloved desserts such as tiramisu and gelato, before savoring the creations with Tuscan wine. Up to four glasses of wine are included throughout the day as well as a cooking diploma and the recipes.
- Excellent value for money
- Instant Confirmation
- Lunch included
Know More about this tourMeet your guide near Palazzo Vecchio in central Florence and take a 30-minute walk to Mercato Centrale, a historical food market in the San Lorenzo area, to see where the locals shop. En route, stop by a local bakery for some tastings and to buy fresh bread. Then follow your friendly guide around the market stalls, and meet butchers and farmers selling vegetables from their fields in Tuscany.
The market teems with fresh fruit and quality local produce including cheese, cured meat, balsamic vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, olives and many other Italian specialties. Select some of the finest ingredients to use later in your cooking class, and enjoy samples of some of the food and wine.
Hop aboard your minibus and travel to a farmhouse, tucked away in the Tuscan hills, where your cooking class takes place. Don your apron, which you can keep as a souvenir, and help your chef prepare a full Tuscan meal, starting with a selection of appetizers. Learn how to make proper Italian pasta using freshly laid eggs, and discover the secrets behind traditional meat sauces, using ingredients from right outside the door!
A pasta dish, pizza and classic bruschetta are all on the menu, so help your chef prepare them with fresh bread, tomatoes and extra virgin olive oil each produced on site. When the dishes are ready, take a break to eat and enjoy your creations with a glass of the regions full-bodied Chianti wine.
Then, head back to the kitchen to prepare traditional Tuscan arista (succulent roast pork) with roast potatoes, seasoned with fresh herbs from the farm. As the pork cooks, prepare a classic tiramisu, layering delicately flavored mascarpone with liquor- and coffee-soaked sponge biscuits, and learn about strong and rich Italian coffee.
The highlight of your tour comes next: sitting down to eat your 4-course meal! Savor your main course and desserts along with a carefully selected Tuscan wine while chatting to your chef and fellow lovers about your day of food.
Then, return to your minibus and relax on the journey to the start point in Florence where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for Cooking Class And Lunch At A Tuscan Farmhouse With Local Market Tour From Florence
- Transport by air-conditioned minibus
- Market visit and ingredients
- Cooking class
- 4-course lunch
- 4 glasses of wine
- Recipes (sent by email after the tour)
- Cooking diploma
Exclusions for Cooking Class And Lunch At A Tuscan Farmhouse With Local Market Tour From Florence
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair
We regret that vegetarian or other alternative dietary requirements cannot be catered for
Youth up to 18 must be accompanied by an adult. No children under 12 allowed
On Sundays and public holidays there is no visit to the San Lorenzo Mercato Centrale (instead there will be a visit of the vegetable garden at the estate where you can pick the fresh ingredients)
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Florence Super Saver: Best Of Florence Walking Tour, Accademia Gallery, Uffizi Gallery And Florence Duomo
- Tuscany In One Day Sightseeing Tour
- Cinque Terre Semi-Private Day Trip From Florence
- Bologna Food Walking Tour
- Chianti Half-Day Wine Tour From Florence
- Florence Sightseeing Tour With Uffizi Gallery Skip-the-Line Ticket
- Florence Vespa Tour: Tuscan Hills And Italian Cuisine
- Skip The Line: Florence Accademia Gallery Tickets
- Skip The Line: Florence Uffizi Gallery Tickets