Cooking Class And Private Day Tour From BucharestWrite a Review
OverviewRomanian cuisine is a diverse blend of different dishes from several traditions with which it has come into contact, but it also maintains its own character. It has been greatly influenced by Ottoman cuisine, while it also includes influences from the cuisines of other neighbours, such as Germans, Serbs, Bulgarians and Hungarians.
Quite different types of dishes are sometimes included under a generic term; for example, the category 'ciorb' includes a wide range of soups with a characteristic sour taste. These may be meat and vegetable soups, tripe and calf foot soups, or fish soups, all of which are soured by lemon juice, sauerkraut juice, vinegar, or traditional bor. The category 'uic' or 'palinca' (traditional plum brandy) is a a strong alcoholic spirit in Romania, it can also be made of pears, apples or apricots.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourItinerary: Bucharest - Cooking class in Transylvanian village - Brasov Walking Tour - Bucharest
Your private guide will meet you at your hotel in Bucharest. Afterwards you will start your journey to Transylvania.
On the way you will stop at a farmers market to buy necessary vegetables and herbs; and at a supermarket for other ingredients based on the recipe and dishes you have chosen to prepare.
First stop will be the village, here a local housewife you will welcome you into her kitchen and show you how to prepare traditional Romanian dishes, just like her grandmother thought her. You will learn how to prepare a main course and a dessert. Afterwards everybody will sit down to taste the delicacies they have prepared. And no Romanian meal would be complete without a shot of palinca or a glass of wine, all homemade by the man of the house.
In the afternoon enjoy a tour of Brasov medieval town. Highlights: Black Church, Citadel of Brasov, Ecaterina's Gate, White Tower, Black Tower, The Blacksmiths Bastion, The Weavers Bastion, The Ropemakers Bastion, The Drapers Bastion.
Inclusions for Cooking Class And Private Day Tour From Bucharest
- Transportation by comfortable air-conditioned car/van
- English-speaking guide
- Cooking class & ingredients
- Assistance during the entire tour
Exclusions for Cooking Class And Private Day Tour From Bucharest
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Bucharest City Tour
- Private Full Day Tour Of Bucharest
- Private Tour To Peles And Dracula's Castle - Day Trip From Bucharest
- Private Van One Way Airport Transfers In Bucharest
- Bucharest Horse Riding Experience
- Private Van Departure Transfer To Bucharest BBU Airport
- Bucharest Private Airport Transfer From Or To City Center Hotel
- Bucharest 90 Minutes Epic Escape Room Da Vinci's Secret Adventure Mystery
- Extended Walking Tour Of Bucharest
- Full-Day Royal Castles And Champagne Tasting Tour From Bucharest