Cooking Class And Private Day Tour From Bucharest
OverviewRomanian cuisine is a diverse blend of different dishes from several traditions with which it has come into contact, but it also maintains its own character. It has been greatly influenced by Ottoman cuisine, while it also includes influences from the cuisines of other neighbours, such as Germans, Serbs, Bulgarians and Hungarians.Quite different types of dishes are sometimes included under a generic term; for example, the category 'ciorb' includes a wide range of soups with a characteristic sour taste. These may be meat and vegetable soups, tripe and calf foot soups, or fish soups, all of which are soured by lemon juice, sauerkraut juice, vinegar, or traditional bor. The category 'uic' or 'palinca' (traditional plum brandy) is a a strong alcoholic spirit in Romania, it can also be made of pears, apples or apricots.
- Family friendly
- Get inside tips from a local
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourItinerary: Bucharest - Cooking class in Transylvanianvillage - Brasov Walking Tour - Bucharest
Your private guide will meet you at yourhotel in Bucharest. Afterwards you will start your journey to Transylvania.
On the way you will stop at a farmers market to buy necessary vegetables and herbs; and at a supermarket for other ingredients based on the recipe and dishes you have chosen to prepare.
First stop will be the village, here a local housewifeyou will welcome you into her kitchen and show you how to prepare traditional Romanian dishes, just like her grandmother thought her. You will learn how to prepare a main course and a dessert. Afterwards everybody will sit down to taste the delicacies they have prepared. Andno Romanian meal would be complete without a shot of palinca or a glass of wine, all homemade by the man of the house.
In the afternoon enjoy a tour ofBrasovmedieval town.Highlights:Black Church, Citadel of Brasov, Ecaterina's Gate, White Tower, Black Tower, The Blacksmiths Bastion, The Weavers Bastion, The Ropemakers Bastion, The Drapers Bastion.
Inclusions for Cooking Class And Private Day Tour From Bucharest
- Transportation by comfortable air-conditioned car/van
- English-speaking guide
- Cooking class & ingredients
- Assistance during the entire tour
Exclusions for Cooking Class And Private Day Tour From Bucharest
- Gratuities (optional)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Castles of Transylvania - Private Day Trip from Bucharest
- A day at the Black Sea
- 7-day adventure tour in Romania
- Transfagarasan Roadtrip
- Bulgaria Seaside 2 days Tour
- Peles and Dracula Castles PLUS Brasov City Private Tour
- Danube Delta Wonders 2 days Tour
- Most Famous Castles and Scenic Road Tour from Bucharest