Pick ups between 6:30 and 7:00 am from hotels in the central downtown area. Arrival to Copacabana at 11 am approximately, visit town and then have lunch, afterwards take a boat over to the Sun Island, visit the Inca Steps, and go up to the town of Yumani, watch the sunset and have dinner, spend the night on the Island and next day after breakfast do a longer trek through the south of the Sun Island, afterwards head back to Copacabana and after lunch return to La paz. When you arrive the guide will help you get a cab back to your hotel.
- Mobile Voucher Accepted
- Hotel pickup Available
- Free Cancellation
- Duration: 2 Days
Departure Time :
6:30 AM Hotel pickups commence approximately 30 - 60 minutes prior to this time, exact pickup time will be advised on reconfirmation.
Departure Details :
Pick ups from the center of downtown only, if your hotel is outside the pick up radius the meeting point is Maria Auxiliadora Church between 7:10 and 7:20
Return Details :
Upon arrival you will be dropped off in the center of town, from there the guide can help you get a cab home.
Cancellation Policy :
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- If you cancel between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
- Tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
OverviewVisit Copacabana and the beautiful Sun Island, spend the night on the Sun Island and watch the beautiful sunset and sunrise. You can also stay in town instead and enjoy a bit of the night life in Copacabana. In this tour you have a chance to trek through the south part of the Island and the Inca steps and Inca Fountain.
Know More about this tour
Accommodation as per itinerary
Hotel pickup (selected hotels only)
Round-trip shared transfer
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
Not wheelchair accessible
Dress code is smart casual
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
A minimum of 2 people per booking is required, if alone ask us if we have someone who is signed up already.
This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
The tour from our perspective was a bit misleading. Here are the gaps we felt:
- Itinerary/Copacabana: We expected some walking around and guiding at Copacabana, but this is only a lunch stop. We only got to see the restaurant and the port.
- Itinerary/Sun Island: There was no walking on the island the morning of 2nd day as it is described in the itinerary the 2nd day was just breakfast and leaving the island. Therefore the only guided time at the Sun Island was from arrival at the port to accommodation 1hr and a bit of walking on the hill before dinner 1hr.
- Accommodation: From the price we expected a 3-star, basic but a decent hotel. We requested for the name of the accommodation the day before but the agency said they still had not booked any as they work depending on availability but that they work with places with hot water and private bathrooms. They also had told us beforehand that we had a choice of staying near the coast or up the hill. At the end, what they booked was a hostel up the mountain the water was warm at best from the shower the shower head had a poorly working heating device. only cold water faucet at the washbasin, not warm enough to take a shower when the temperature drops to 4C/40F outside. We checked all 3 rooms with this type of shower but none worked. The one bath towel provided was not dry they dry hanging outside, so if the weather does not allow it will not be dry and no heat available in the room either, so it was hardly a comfortable stay.
- Guiding: Not a lot of information compared to other guides, and we had to ask questions to get information, partly because the guide was mostly preoccupied texting with his mobile phone. The guide was on time at the very beginning for pick up, but otherwise was always late meeting for evening hike, breakfast, and leaving the island. It would've also be better if he could care a bit more about the customers first when we eat, as he took our spare of biscuits provided in a basket as well as available type of tea.
- Extra charge: we were picked up at the hotel but the bus terminal still charged us for the bus just going through. Not indicated on this website, but the cost was very minor.
The Sun Island was a beautiful place so it was worth visiting. The experience of crossing the Titicaca Lake with buses on rafts was very unique. The lunch and dinner provided was satisfying. The girl at the hostel provided us with a pet bottle with hot water to use as heat, from her generosity. So expect a half-guided tour, less walking time on the Sun Island, no hot water or heat in accommodation, and you won't be disappointed or book your own accommodation and take one of the boats from Copacabana by yourselves.