OverviewExplore Copenhagen on a food tour and learn about the Nordic countrys burgeoning cuisine and restaurant scene! Discover produce as fresh as the Scandinavian air and scout out the locals favorite eateries and market halls with an expert guide at your side. Food samples change according to season, but the tour includes enough treats to comprise a full meal, with delicacies like artisan cheese, organic ice cream, home-brewed beer, open rye-bread sandwiches and more.
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
- Get inside tips from a local
Know More about this tourAfter meeting your guide near Frederiksborggade in central Copenhagen, stroll around the city to learn about Danish cuisine and its gastronomic heritage. Throughout the past few decades, Denmark gained quite a conservative reputation when it came to food. However, its cuisine is experiencing a food revolution and many Copenhagen restaurants are replacing the heavy dishes of bygone decades with meals cooked from seasonal, local ingredients that sing with clean and pared-down flavors.
The best place to sample the new Nordic cuisine is, of course, in Copenhagen, so let your guide introduce you to the locals favorite eateries. The citys burgeoning food scene is constantly evolving, so restaurants and delicatessens may be swapped on the day of your tour. Places mentioned are just intended to give you an idea of where you may visit.
Start with a stroll to Torvehallerne covered market halls to see Arla Unika, Copenhagens flagship cheese shop. Sample artisan cheese, developed in collaboration with the citys Michelin-starred chefs, and admire the pungent wares on offer before strolling to Bornholm Shop to try liquorice, caramels and preserves.
Wander through Copenhagen Botanical Gardens and stop for a sample of of Danish apple wine while relaxing in the beautiful green surroundings. Then, take a break in Aamanns caf a hotspot for locals enjoying hearty open sandwiches called smrrebrd made from sourdough rye bread and predominantly organic and free range produce. Continue to a nearby restaurant called Nrrebro Bryghus to sample three different types of home-brewed beer, and then soak up the alcohol with an organic hotdog sample from Copenhagens Ecological Hotdog Stand.
Finish your tour at Summerbird Chocolate. Producing Copenhagens most luxurious chocolate and candy, the shop is also popular for its (highly addictive) fldeboller chocolate-coated marshmallows.
Having eaten your way around Copenhagen, return to the start point where your tour finishes.
Inclusions for Copenhagen Food Tour
- Food tasting
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Copenhagen Food Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking in the 'Special Requirements' field.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.