Coptic Cairo Tour To The Hanging Church Monastery Of St George Abu Serga Ben Ezra
OverviewDiscover the ancient sites and culture of Coptic Christians with Youregypttours.com on a private tour through Old Cairo. Visit Abu Serga where the Holy family sort refuge, and Ben ...
- Airport transfer
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free hotel pickup and drop-off included
- Led by a qualified Egyptologist
Know More about this tour
Discover the ancient sites and culture of Coptic Christians with Youregypttours.com on a private tour through Old Cairo. Visit the Hanging church,church of St Sergius and Bachus or Abu Serga where the Holy family sought refuge.Then look at Ben Ezra synagouge, one of the oldest Jewish temples in Cairo. Learn about Christian life in Egypt, a country where Christianity is as old as christiany itself. The Hanging Church is built over the walls of the water gate of the Roman fortress and is possibly the oldest Christian church in Egypt. Dedicated to the Virgin Mary, it is one of Cairo's most beautiful churches. Continue to the Monastery and Church of St George This is not an old church, dating from 1909, but there has been a church in Coptic Cairo dedicated to the Martyr since the 10th-century. It is one of the few remaining circular churches in the Middle East. Your next stop is the Abu Serga, one of the places where the Holy Family rested after fleeing Israel from King Herod. At the turn of the century this little church, which dates from the 10th-century, was the most important pilgrimage spot in Old Cairo for visiting Christian tourists. There are 24 marble columns lining the central court, and a series of 12 icons depicting the 12 apostles. Ben Ezra Synagogue is one of the oldest in Egypt. Set in a shady garden, it was built on the site of 4th-century Christian church. The synagogue was severely damaged by Arabs after the 1967 war with Israel, but it has been almost completely renovated. You have the option to add a visit to the Coptic Museum at the end of the tour. The Museum is located in an area of great historical importance within the precinct of the Babylon Fort. Occupying over 8,000 sq meters the museum features almost 16,000 objects of importance to the Copts of Egypt. This is a private tour allowing you to determine the amount of time spent at each of the sites. In addition you have the chance to visit a Papyrus Institute to see how this famous artwork is made and have the chance to purchase genuine items if you wish.
Inclusions for Coptic Cairo Tour To The Hanging Church Monastery Of St George Abu Serga Ben Ezra
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
Exclusions for Coptic Cairo Tour To The Hanging Church Monastery Of St George Abu Serga Ben Ezra
- Food and drinks
- Gratuities (recommended)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Infant seats are available on request if advised at time of booking
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.