OverviewWhen your cruise ships docks at the Port of Corfu, set off to see the islands highlights with a private guide! Start with a visit to Achillion Palace, the former home of Empress Elisabeth of Austria, and then head inside the gorgeous 13th-century Monastery of the Virgin Mary near Palaeokastritsa. After passing through Gastouri village, finish the half-day shore excursion with a visit to Corfu Town to discover the delights of St Spyridon Church.
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Free port pickup and drop-off included
- Private guide for a more personalized experience
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
Know More about this tourMeet your private guide by the Port of Corfu, and then travel by air-conditioned minibus to Achillion Palace. Head inside with your guide and learn all about the stately site, constructed in 1892 for Empress Elisabeth of Austria. Intrigued by Greek mythology, the empress (or Princess Sissy, as she was often known) commissioned a fascinating statue of the Greek hero Achilles dying. Several decades later, the palace was bought by Kaiser William II of Germany who erected a contrasting statue of Achilles in a triumphant pose. Enjoy photos by each of the statues, and admire the palace’s frescoes, paintings and Neo-Classical architecture.
Hop back on board your minibus, and travel through some of the island’s traditional villages. Stop just outside beautiful Paleokastritsa, a stretch of coastline that translates as ‘heart bay,’ and then visit the nearby 13th-century Monastery of the Virgin Mary. Explore the magnificent monastery complex with your guide and admire its impressive collection of ecclesiastical artwork and relics.
Continue your tour through Ropa Valley, and pass through Gastouri village before traveling along Kaiser Bridge. Look out for Vlachernae Monastery and Mouse Island in the distance, and then continue to Corfu Town. Enjoy a stroll to St Spyridon Church, an ornate 16th-century place of worship, and then head inside it to admire its wealth of incredible silverware. Your tour then finishes with a drop-off at the port.
Worry-Free Shore Excursion:
We will ensure your timely return to the Port of Corfu for this activity. In the rare event your ship has departed, we will arrange for transportation to the next port-of call. If your ship is delayed and you are unable to attend this activity, your money will be refunded. See our terms and conditions for full details.
Inclusions for Corfu Shore Excursion: Private Island Tour Including Achillion Palace
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Private guide
- Transport by private minibus
- Worry-Free Shore Excursion Guarantee
Exclusions for Corfu Shore Excursion: Private Island Tour Including Achillion Palace
- Gratuities (optional)
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 4 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
A moderate amount of walking is involved
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- The Governor's Olive Mill
- Private Tour Glyfada Beach In Corfu
- Paxos And Antipaxos Cruise From Corfu
- Shore Excursion: Leisurely Small-Group Tour Of Corfu
- Private Arrival Transfer: Corfu Airport To Hotel
- Private Tour: Paleokastritsa And Corfu Town
- Hidden Secrets Corfu Walking Tour
- Private Corfu Transfer: Corfu Hotel To Corfu Cruise Port
- Private Corfu Transfer: Corfu Cruise Port To Corfu Hotel
- Achillion Corfu Town Private Tour