OverviewFor around 1 hour 30 minutes, you will be able to understand the full transformation process of the cork industry, starting with a briefing in a conference room followed by a walk through the factory for you to see in first-hand how everything works.
The cork factory tour can be a perfect combination to any holiday stay, as visitors are able to have a very educational visit, suitable to any person of any age, and this is for sure an excellent alternative to the beach.
- Family friendly
- Multiple times offered throughout the day
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Perfect for all ages and skill level
Know More about this tourLocated near São Brás de Alportel, this family company traces back its origins within the cork industry to 1935.
Legally registered with the Portuguese Tourism Board, Nocavortiça Cork Factory opens its doors for you to discover the wonders of this industry and share with you the needed expertise, knowledge and also technology to work this humble product - Cork.
Cork is a fascinating natural product and is one of the most eco-friendly materials that nature can give to us. It is a 100% natural material, 100% reusable and 100% recyclable, extracted from cork oaks without harming the normal development of the species and without damaging the tree. The tree continues to live and grow and producing new cork, after having been harvested.
We transform and provide cork that serves some of the best champagnes and sparkling wines in the world. For around 1h30, you will be able to understand the full transformation process of the cork industry, starting with a briefing in a conference room followed by a walk through the factory for you to see in first hand how everything works.
After this tour, you will never look at a cork stopper in the same way.
Inclusions for Cork Factory Tour
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Local taxes
- Professional guide
Exclusions for Cork Factory Tour
- Gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from attractions
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Children must be accompanied by an adult
Not recommended for child aged 6 and under
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
A small amount of walking is involved
Not wheelchair accessible
Adult pricing applies to all adult travelers, including seniors
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.