Coronado Food Tour - San DiegoWrite a Review
OverviewThe Coronado food tour spans from nearly one side of the island to the other. While on the walking food tour guests will receive samples from 5+ eateries while hearing about the Coronado Bridge, The Hotel Del, and some famous celebrities who once called the "island" home.
- Likely to Sell Out
- Excellent value for money
- Perfect introduction for first-time visitors
- Get inside tips from a local
- Explore the local streets on a walking tour of the city
Know More about this tourStart your afternoon in Coronado on the beautiful San Diego bay near the Coronado Ferry Landing. Explore the menu at one of San Diego's most popular European cafes while your guide talks about the San Diego skyline and the Coronado bridge. From there, guests make their way down Orange Ave heading toward the infamous, Hotel Del Coronado.
During your walk hear how “The Crown City” has roots that tie back to Spanish settlers dating to the seventeenth century, get the inside story about how this city influenced movies like “The Wizard of Oz,” and how it drew a range of celebrities from Marilyn Monroe to a plethora of U.S. Presidents.
Take the co-pilot seat as you head toward the "Silver Strand" while your guide explains the significance of Coronado and Naval Aviation and how Charles Lindbergh’s transatlantic flight started at this location. Midway down Orange Ave guests will make a pit stop at one of the best olive oil shops in ALL of San Diego. 30+ olive oils and balsamics await your taste buds!
Once you've had your daily, healthy dose of EVOO make your way to the Island's very own pizza & bottle shop (who also delivers). Hear more about John D. Spreckels and his contribution to Coronado before the next stop at the locals' favorite diner & take-out taco shop where you'll savor two bites. Hopefully, you've got room for more history and eats as you make your way toward the Hotel Del and finish off the tour with fresh seafood and a cool, delicious dessert to cap the afternoon.
While you gab and grub on gelato as the final stop for your tour, your tour guide will tell you a ton of fun facts about the funky little “Peninsula in the Port of San Diego.”
Inclusions for Coronado Food Tour
- 3-4 hour walking food tour
- 5+ food tastings
- Local, professional guide
- Tax & service fees included in final price
Exclusions for Coronado Food Tour
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food (extra menu items), unless specified
- Tour guide gratuities (optional)
- Transportation to/from tour
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Minimum age is 16 years
Minimum drinking age is 21 years
All children must be accompanied by an adult
Dress code is casual (remember this is a walking tour)
Vegetarian options are available but not guaranteed, please advise at time of booking.
Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough atendees to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
A maximum of 15 people per booking
A moderate amount of walking is involved
Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.