Cosenza Half-Day Private Walking Tour
OverviewCosenza is one of the most ancient cities of Calabria and is situated on seven hills in the valley of the river Crati, where it meets the River Busento. Due to its cultural past, it was known as the Athens of Italy. The ancient Consentia, capital of the Italic tribe of the Bruttii, was a bulwark of the Italic against the Hellenic colonies of the Ionian coast. The historic center is one of the most beautiful and ancient of Italy, for its monumental buildings and labyrinth of streets.
Know More about this tour
- Meet the Guide at Piazza dei Bruzi, at the entrance of the Townhall (Municipio).
- From Martyrs Bridge you will reach Corso Telesio, the heart of Cosenza.
- Bernardino Telesio's statue stands in Piazza XV Marrzo to commemorate the revolts in 1844.
- The Cathedral built in the 11th century, unfortunately the huge earthquake of 9th June 1184 destroyed the original church completely. The new building was consecrated in the presence the Holy Roman Emperor Frederick II.
- In the Chapel of Madonna del Pilerio you can see the Holy Virgin with a spot on her face as a sign of the historical event of the plague of 1576
- The Swabian Castle, built by the Saracens on the ruins of ancient Rocca Brutia around 1000. Frederick II added the octagonal tower.
- Palazzo Arnone where the courthouse and prison were located. It now houses the National Picture Gallery of Pinacoteca
- You wont miss the he outdoor MAB Museum.
Inclusions for Cosenza Half-Day Private Walking Tour
- - Guidance and assistance for the entire duration of the tour.
Exclusions for Cosenza Half-Day Private Walking Tour
- - Meals
- Any entrance fees
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It's possible to arrange the transportation
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.