OverviewHit the hiking heights of the Costa Brava, and explore the coastline between Platia de Castell and the village of Calella de Palafrugell on a day trip from Barcelona. The area is one of the unspoiled gems of the popular Costa Brava region, and the best way to discover its secluded coves and little-known vantage points is by foot. Follow a guide at a leisurely pace, see 6th-century Iberian ruins, and finish with a seaside lunch in charming Calella de Palafrugell.
- All necessary equipment included
- Lunch included
- Led by a local guide
Know More about this tourLeave Barcelona in the morning, and relax on the journey northeast with your guide and small group. Your destination of the day? A beautiful stretch of the Costa Brava coast known as Platia de Castell. With your hiking shoes on, hop out of your minivan and start your 3-3.5-hour coastal hike to discover one of the most serene parts of the Costa Brava.
The winding cliff-top route is akin to a walk through history. Pass alongside the ruins of a 6th-century Iberian village, perched high on a rugged promontory, and listen to stories about the area’s past. The views are impressive, and the twists and turns of the coastal path frequently give way to jaw-dropping vistas of the Med, lashing against the rocks below.
Make your way down to remote coves and sandy beaches, and enjoy several breaks to cool down with a swim or snorkel. Equipment is provided; you just need your bathing suit. After just over three hours exploring the coastline, finish your hike at Calella de Palafrugell — a tiny village on a bay that’s graced by fishermen’s houses and whitewashed villas.
Head inside one of the village’s seafront restaurants, and relax with a 3-course lunch. Finally, step back inside your minivan for the journey back to Barcelona. Your tour finishes at the start point.
Inclusions for Costa Brava Coast Hike From Barcelona Including Lunch
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- 3-course lunch
- Bottled water
- Use of snorkel equipment
Exclusions for Costa Brava Coast Hike From Barcelona Including Lunch
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
Please bring your swim suit, towel, sunglasses, sun screen, hat and flip-flops
Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You might also like
- Priority Access: Barcelona Sagrada Familia Tour
- FC Barcelona Football Stadium Tour And Museum Tickets
- Barcelona Hop-on Hop Off Tour: East To West Route
- Montserrat Royal Basilica Half-Day Trip From Barcelona
- Tarragona And Sitges Small Group Day Trip From Barcelona
- Private Full Day City Tour In Barcelona
- Park Guell And Sagrada Familia Guided Day Tour In Barcelona
- 5-Day Spain Tour: Cordoba, Seville, Granada And Toledo From Barcelona
- Tapas And Wine Experience Walking Tour In Barcelona
- FC Barcelona Stadium Tour