Costa Brava Day Trip From Barcelona
OverviewOn this tour we are going to visit the Girona coast, christened 100 years ago as the Costa Brava. The name is due to its unique rocky, rugged and cut shape coastline, composed of small coves surrounded by pine forests and lapped by crystal water. Its natural wealth and beauty is apparent in several territories and protected areas, such us Cap de Creus, the Emporda Marshes and the Marine Reserve Medes islands.
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- See the underwater world without getting wet
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
- All taxes, fuel surcharges and service fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Separate driver ensures your guides full attention throughout the day
- Instant Confirmation
Know More about this tourThe fame of Costa Brava is also due to its villages. Small fisherman towns, with whitewashed walls and narrow winding streets, today still retain their charm. This area has historically been a point of entry, transit, and settlement for different cultures and civilizations. Each has left its footprints, which is evidenced by the Greek and Roman sites in Empuries. The Costa Brava is not to be missed!
We will take the motorway and about 10:15am we are going to arrive in Calella de Palafrugell, a small fishermans village that still retains today the traditional appearance of the past. It is a village of great beauty in both architecture and landscape. The town, splashed with small bays, becomes a fusion of land and sea that is an incomparable setting.
About 11:15am, we will start walking along Camino de Ronda, which is going to lead us to the neighborhood town of Llafranc. The Camino de Ronda borders all the Costa Brava and was used to control the maritime smuggling. Today, thanks to this, you can discover beautiful spots that wouldnt be otherwise accessible.
About 12:00 we will travel to Pals, a town located inland and on the top of a hill. The village is built entirely in an integrated medieval site. At the top there is a cylindrical tower from the XII century, which is visible from far away. It has an excellent terrace that offers stunning views of the Costa Brava and surroundings.
Our next visit is to lEstartit, seaside village with an important port famous worldwide as being an important diving center because the Medes Islands archipelago lies only one kilometer from the coast. Medes islands are of great interest for the wide variety of flora and fauna that inhabit in the whole marine area, with more than 1200 species classified. The ecosystem has been identified as the best marine reserve in the occidental Mediterranean.
You will have free time to have lunch and take a small stroll around town and at 15:00pm we will get on board Nautilus, a boat with submarine vision.
The sailing is about 1h30. First we will go ahead to the outer islands. The views are spectacular, but also, through submerged cabins with large windows, you can enjoy an exceptional view of a sea floor full of life, as if you were diving!
Our last stop is at the extensive Greek and Roman ruins of Empuries, in which we are going to arrive around 17:00pm. Once there, we will start a guided tour around the whole site. It is the only site in Spain where both Greek and later a Roman city existed together. Empuries is also located in a privileged surrounding, just in front of the sea.
At 18:00 the tour is finished and we go back to Barcelona, where about 20.00 we will arrive at Plaza Catalunya.
Inclusions for Costa Brava Day Trip From Barcelona
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach with free Wi-Fi
Exclusions for Costa Brava Day Trip From Barcelona
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not wheelchair accesible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.
You Might Also Like
- Guitarra y Flamenco
- 2 hour Sailing Cruise Barcelona
- 2 hour Private Sunset Sailing Cruise
- Heli-Skiing in Andorra
- Barcelona Markets Tour with a Chef and Food Tasting - Premium Small Group
- Paella Cooking workshop with a Chef & Lunch, Wines & Friends - Small Group
- Gaud - The Park Gell Tour
- Jewish Quarter of Barcelona: one of the most important Jewish Communities of the Medieval Europe