Costa Brava Half-day Trip From Barcelona
OverviewOn this half-day trip we are going to visit the Girona coast, christened 100 years ago as the Costa Brava. The name is due to its unique rocky, rugged and cut shape coastline, composed of small coves surrounded by pine forests and lapped by crystal water. Its natural wealth and beauty is apparent in several territories and protected areas, such us Cap de Creus, the Emporda Marshes and the Marine Reserve Medes islands. This area has historically been a point of entry, transit, and settlement for different cultures and civilizations. Each has left its footprints until nowadays. The Costa Brava is not to be missed!
- Comprehensive tour by bus/coach
- Enjoy a day away from the hustle and bustle of the city
- Excellent value for money
- Ideal choice for families
- Pickup from a centrally located meeting point
- Soak up the atmosphere on a walking tour
- All entrance fees included
- Fully narrated tour
- Informative, friendly and professional guide
- Led by a local guide
- Instant Confirmation
- Travel by boat and see the sights from the water
Know More about this tourThe fame of Costa Brava is also due to its villages. Small fisherman towns, with whitewashed walls and narrow winding streets, today still retain their charm.
We will take the motorway and after 1h15m we will be at Lloret de Mar, the main touristic village of Costa Brava. Upon arrival we immediately realize of its bustle: there will be multiple coaches arriving from all over Europe which bring visitors to enjoy its beaches, hotels, shops and activities.
Walking through its narrow streets, which still have reminiscence of its recent maritime past, we will find plenty of shops to suit all tastes: from the latest brands to the typical beach bazaars. In the middle of its most famous shopping street we will also be able to admire architectural jewels of great value such as Saint Roma church, with an exquisite modernism style, and inside the church, a 16th century altarpiece which is still so well preserved.
At approximately 10:50am we will go on board Dofijets, which will lead us to the neighboring village of Tossa de Mar. During the sailing trip we will be able to enjoy the unique and characteristic landscape of Costa Brava: a procession of different huge cliffs which have been shaped in fanciful forms over the centuries by the strength of sea and wind.
At about 12:00 pm we will get to the emblematic village of Tossa de Mar, considered the pearl of Costa Brava because in this small area we can find all those landscape and historic elements which have given it such well-deserved fame. Its spectacular sceneries, from its shores, beaches, caves in the cliffs to its lush vegetation, turn it into one of the locations that has better preserved its natural environment in perfect harmony with the tourism industry.
History has left his footprints, from the Romans in the Vila Romana dels Ametllers, one of the most important villas in the ancient Roman province of Tarraco to its emblematic fortified Vila Vella or Old Town of Tossa, which was listed as an artistic-historic monument in 1931 as it is the unique remaining fortified medieval town on the Catalan coast. Outside its walls, we can find the traditional fishing neighborhood, known as Sa Roqueta, which still maintains the sailor atmosphere of these typical villages on Costa Brava.
Once we arrive in Tossa de Mar, we will begin a walking tour from the beach, following the fortified perimeter up to the lighthouse on the top. Over there, you will appreciate stunning views from the coastline. When descending, we will go through the narrow streets and stony houses of Vila Vella until we get to the fishing district. From there on, you will have free time to have lunch. This village has the greatest gastronomic offer from all Costa Brava.
At 3:00pm the tour will be finished and we will go back to Barcelona, where we will arrive at about 4:30 pm at Plaza Catalunya.
Inclusions for Costa Brava Half-day Trip From Barcelona
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Entrance fees
- Admission ticket
- Live commentary on board
- Local guide
- Transport by air-conditioned coach with complimentary Wi-Fi
Exclusions for Costa Brava Half-day Trip From Barcelona
- Food and drinks
Confirmation will be received at time of booking
May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
Not wheelchair accessible
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.