Hop inside your air-conditioned minivan in central Barcelona, and journey along the coast to begin your exciting small-group day trip. As you travel, hear all about the Costa Brava, where sea-sculpted cliffs and coves form one of Europe's prettiest coastlines. Admire the Mediterranean views and after roughly an hour, arrive at Blanes, the bustling seaside resort known as the Costa Brava's southern gateway.
- On this Costa Brava Tour From Barcelona Including Lunch, leave the main tourist trail and drive to an idyllic cove favored by locals. Opt to relax here as your morning arrival means the sands and the sea will be wonderfully uncrowded. Stay on the minivan and continue to the nearby Marimurtra Botanical Gardens. You will have time to enjoy both activities if you want to.
- The last quick stop before lunch is the old ruined castle high above Blanes. This favorite spot for newlyweds offers an amazing view of the city.
- After two hours at the beach or gardens, join up again for lunch at a locally acclaimed family-run restaurant. At the restaurant, sit down to a 3-course feast of local specialties accompanied by a glass of sangria, wine, beer, soda, or mineral water. (See the Itinerary for a sample menu.)
- Back aboard your minivan, continue to Tossa del Mar, home to the Costa Brava's last remaining fortified town. Enjoy the afternoon exploring the cobbled old town and enjoying magnificent views up and down the coast.
- After losing yourself in the meandering alleyways and tiny streets, you will come out through the old medieval wall into cozy streets lined with boutiques and traditional shops. There's plenty of time for some souvenir shopping or enjoying a drink as the day comes to an end.
If you still need some more beach time, you have one last chance in Tossa for a swim or even a kayak around the cliffs. Your tour ends with a drop-off at the original pickup point in Barcelona.