Covered Wagon Or Horseback Ride In Banff With Western Cookout
OverviewEnjoy views of the Canadian Rockies landscape as you travel by covered wagon or horseback from Banff along the Bow River and Sulphur Mountain with your guide. Then, dine on a hearty Western cookout and try your hand at roping or playing horseshoes. This tour is a great way to experience Albertas great outdoors.
Know More about this tourYour Western experience takes place at Warner Stables in Banff. You have the choice of taking a relaxing covered-wagon ride or a fun horseback ride.
Following your guide -- an experienced ranch hand -- enjoy scenic views as you travel along the base of Sulphur Mountain and along the Bow River. Arriving at your covered cookout location near the Sundance Canyon Trail, relax as you dine on a BBQ steak cookout (see Itinerary for a sample menu). Try your hand at roping or challenge your friends to a game of horseshoes while your steak is cooked to order.
After your meal, either mount your horse and head along the Sulphur Mountain Trail or hop in the wagon for your return ride along the Bow River to Warner Stables.
Youll enjoy lunch or dinner, depending on whether you choose the lunch or dinner tour. Your tour concludes when you arrive back at the stables.
Inclusions for Covered Wagon Or Horseback Ride In Banff With Western Cookout
- A 2-hour wagon or horseback ride in Banff National Park
- Food and drinks
- Use of horseback-riding equipment
- Helmets (mandatory for riders)
- Basic horseback instruction for riders
Exclusions for Covered Wagon Or Horseback Ride In Banff With Western Cookout
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)
Itinerary:Sample Cookout Menu
- BBQ steak
- Homemade baked beans
- Baked potatoes (with sour cream, bacon bits and green onions)
- Caesar salad
- Bread rolls
- Drinks (juice, coffee, tea and hot chocolate)
Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund.
No riding experience necessary.
The minimum age for horseback riders is 8 years, and the maximum weight is 250lbs.
Horseback riders must wear close toed shoes.
All guests must arrive 30 minutes prior to their ride time.
Children aged 15 years and under must have someone 18 years and older with them.
All riders must ride their own horse.
- If you cancel within 3 calendar days (72 hours) of the scheduled departure time, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel between 4 to 7 Calendar days before scheduled tour departure,the cancellation charge will be 50% of the undiscounted tour price.
- If you cancel at least 8 calendar days in advance of the scheduled departure time, there is no cancellation fee. You will receive Full Refund for the paid amount.
- Please note that in case of No show, the cancellation charge will be 100% of the listed tour fare.
- Please note tours booked using discount coupon codes will be non refundable.